Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Keystone State Relics

Oakmont, Allegheny Co. Aerialscope. Originally from the F.D.N.Y. Refurbished by Interstate Mack in Hagerstown, MD. When returned after refurb it had the very last CF cab ever made.
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

City of New Kensington Bureau of Fire
I.S.O. Class 4 Department

Penn Hills No. 7 (Penn 7) 1988 Pierce Lance, this replaced a Mack CF
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

City of New Kensington Bureau of Fire
I.S.O. Class 4 Department
Saulsbury body?

[quote name='OPEN CAB MACK' post='294666' date='Apr 5 2009, 09:14 '][Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=46204]

Masontown Duplex/? Rescue[/quote]
[quote name='OPEN CAB MACK' post='294677' date='Apr 5 2009, 09:28 '][Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=46212]

North Apollo Armstrong Co. 1987? Pierce Dash Purple Engine 2, when Rainbow Controll was in existence.[/quote]

It is a 1984 Dash 1000GPM/500GWT Still in service
Steve, ya beat me to it........ Rainbow Control?
Post 4212 of this thread.
[quote name='Steve Loftin' post='294769' date='Apr 5 2009, 12:05 ']Okay, I give...what is "Rainbow Control?"[/quote]

post #4000 for a list of companies/apparatus colors...
Rainbow control was a dispatch system used before the areas went to a 911 system. Companys were dispatched as a color. For instance brown engine, green engine... ect ect ect. The dispatch center was in the basement of Vandergrift Number 1.
[url="http://www.vfr51.com/custom.html?id=2427"]http://www.vfr51.com/custom.html?id=2427[/url]

Here is a decent explination of Rainbow Control
[quote name='RJBOgdon' post='294705' date='Apr 5 2009, 09:51 ']Saulsbury body?[/quote]

That would be my initial guess. Look at the plate on the left rear fender well sheet metal and the roof line behind the cab on the forward part of the rescue box.
[quote name='OPEN CAB MACK' post='294674' date='Apr 5 2009, 09:25 '][Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=46211]

Wilkens Township Sutphen Tower Unknown year. This was replaced, whereabouts, unknown.[/quote]

Ardentsville, Adams County, PA

Tower 5

ex. Wilkins Township #3, Allegheny County, PA

[Image: IMG_0097.jpg]

Excellent shots, Ed!
Hardy, William C

Larimer VFD, Westmoreland County Station 1

Westinghouse Waltz Mill VFB, Westmoreland County Station 116
While bored, I found some old scans on my computer. I apologize for the poor quality as my scanner sucks and I was still new to the hobby when these pic's were taken. If anyone knows any details please fill them in.

Jeannette, Westmoreland County, PA

Engine 112-6

Mack C

Disposed of in 2005 (last seen in a junkyard in Penn Boro, Westmoreland County)

[Image: scan0047.jpg]
Hardy, William C

Here is an in-service shot of Ladder 82 from West Newton. This tiller was formerly from Harrisburg and Steelton, Dauphin County. It met its end in Denbo at the auction.

West Newton, Westmoreland County, PA

Ladder 82

American LaFrance 100'

[Image: scan0001-2.jpg]
Hardy, William C

This Ford C/E-One from Greenock, Allegheny County, was replaced by two different rigs: their Ferrara 109' Truck and an E\-One engine that was from Boston, Pennsylvania (which is now gone too). I have no idea where this engine ended up.

Greenock, Allegheny County, PA

Rescue 4

Ford C/E-One

[Image: scan0007-1.jpg]
Hardy, William C

[quote name='LarimeSta1' post='295413' date='Apr 8 2009, 07:08 ']This Ford C/E-One from Greenock, Allegheny County, was replaced by two different rigs: their Ferrara 109' Truck and an E\-One engine that was from Boston, Pennsylvania (which is now gone too). I have no idea where this engine ended up.

Greenock, Allegheny County, PA

Rescue 4

Ford C/E-One

[Image: scan0007-1.jpg][/quote]

they still have the Ferrara ladder truck and the boston E\-One was sold to clairton, they still have there 88 E\-One pumper that is for sale.
keep these old pics coming they are great bill.
[quote name='LarimeSta1' post='295411' date='Apr 8 2009, 06:50 ']While bored, I found some old scans on my computer. I apologize for the poor quality as my scanner sucks and I was still new to the hobby when these pic's were taken. If anyone knows any details please fill them in.

Jeannette, Westmoreland County, PA

Engine 112-6

Mack C

Disposed of in 2005 (last seen in a junkyard in Penn Boro, Westmoreland County)

[Image: scan0047.jpg][/quote]

i have a pic of this from last year in a parade in benton pa

[
tom bretz a ffII,retired disabled ff/emt from Kingston PA F D,own 2 wardlafranceengs a 49,a66,member of iaff 840,six cnty fire asso,pa state firemen's assoc, pa pump primers,schuylkill historic fire soc(spaamfaa's newest chapter--black diamond),luzerne cnty fire/rescue,life mem of columbian fire co kingston,former app op at laflin,edwrdsvlle,forty fort all in pa
[quote name='wardengine' post='295426' date='Apr 8 2009, 09:23 ']i have a pic of this from last year in a parade in benton pa

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=46479]

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=46480][[/quote]1964 mack 1000/500 owned by a private collector in the bloomsburg,pa area.
[quote name='LarimeSta1' post='295412' date='Apr 8 2009, 07:00 ']Here is an in-service shot of Ladder 82 from West Newton. This tiller was formerly from Harrisburg and Steelton, Dauphin County. It met its end in Denbo at the auction.

West Newton, Westmoreland County, PA

Ladder 82

American LaFrance 100'

[Image: scan0001-2.jpg][/quote]

Whose E\-One engine is that behind the tiller?? I LOVE the paint scheme on it.... but I can't for the life recall who has apparatus painted like that in the area of West Newton.
Fritz,

Sewickley Twp. Fire Dept. in Herminie, Westmoreland County.

Bill,

I believe the Greenock Ford/E-One rescue is the one that is currently or was at West Newton. You would have to ask them for sure though.