Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Keystone State Relics
[quote name='taurudak' date='10 April 2010 - 07:32 AM' timestamp='1270897979' post='375316']

Good Intent FC of Sunbury once had this 1950 American LaFrance 65' MM.

[/quote]

Good Intent fire Co closed several years ago, after a fire that did severe damage to the social club and apparatus bay. The ladder, as I understand had been impounded a long time ago, after it fell at a fire. unknown what ever came of it.
Darin Smith

Hughesville, PA
[quote name='fyrfoto' date='09 April 2010 - 07:31 PM' timestamp='1270854713' post='375239']

Looking at websites it looks like there are no people left in the town. How do they staff these, or are they paid, and if so, how? or why?

[/quote]

There are still 8 people living in the Boro of Centralia. The state just recently has renewed its efforts to clear the town completely. Besides the fire station, there are only about 5 houses and a 3 bay garage building left.
Darin Smith

Hughesville, PA
Darin Smith

Hughesville, PA
Darin Smith

Hughesville, PA
Darin Smith

Hughesville, PA
[quote name='truck1882' date='11 April 2010 - 11:21 AM' timestamp='1270998089' post='375477']

There are still 8 people living in the Boro of Centralia. The state just recently has renewed its efforts to clear the town completely. Besides the fire station, there are only about 5 houses and a 3 bay garage building left.

[/quote]

i dont know what some are trying to get at here, first it was centrailia fire doesn't exist anymore , i told them they DO get out & RESPOND to calls, next thing ,i'll have to post a picture of them at a call!!!!!!MOST depts up o ur way no longer require you to live in the town to volunteer in a dept, the fire & ambulance BOTH respond to calls
tom bretz a ffII,retired disabled ff/emt from Kingston PA F D,own 2 wardlafranceengs a 49,a66,member of iaff 840,six cnty fire asso,pa state firemen's assoc, pa pump primers,schuylkill historic fire soc(spaamfaa's newest chapter--black diamond),luzerne cnty fire/rescue,life mem of columbian fire co kingston,former app op at laflin,edwrdsvlle,forty fort all in pa
[quote name='wardengine' date='13 April 2010 - 11:12 AM' timestamp='1271170358' post='376031']

i dont know what some are trying to get at here, first it was centrailia fire doesn't exist anymore , i told them they DO get out & RESPOND to calls, next thing ,i'll have to post a picture of them at a call!!!!!!MOST depts up o ur way no longer require you to live in the town to volunteer in a dept, the fire & ambulance BOTH respond to calls

[/quote]

It was simply a question relating to the town and the fire dept. I believe that they do respond, because you said so, but I am curious HOW they respond. This answers some of those questions (that firefighters respond from other areas.) The saga of this town is interesting, and the fact that somehow there is an FD that still exists is even more interesting.
[quote name='fyrfoto' date='13 April 2010 - 11:47 AM' timestamp='1271172444' post='376038']

It was simply a question relating to the town and the fire dept. I believe that they do respond, because you said so, but I am curious HOW they respond. This answers some of those questions (that firefighters respond from other areas.) The saga of this town is interesting, and the fact that somehow there is an FD that still exists is even more interesting.

[/quote]

Ashland PA is just up the road. Big town! Open road, someone could get there in a few minutes.
Kinloch,Pa

1960 American LaFrance

Ron Bogardus collection

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='The Commish' date='17 April 2010 - 11:30 PM' timestamp='1271560215' post='376921']

Kinloch,Pa

1960 American LaFrance

Ron Bogardus collection

[/quote]

This was originally owned by the City of New Kensington. Served as Engine 1 from 1960 till September of 1990 when Kinloch, Lower Burrell No. 1 bought it from the city. It is now collector owned. Last heard from it is in a garage near Worthington, PA
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

City of New Kensington Bureau of Fire
I.S.O. Class 4 Department
[quote name='mgk110' date='18 April 2010 - 04:01 AM' timestamp='1271576490' post='376965']

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

Squirt 133 staged on Jones Ave. in North Braddock, circa 2000 or 2001.

[/quote]

Keep em coming Mike.
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

City of New Kensington Bureau of Fire
I.S.O. Class 4 Department
[quote name='mgk110' date='18 April 2010 - 03:46 AM' timestamp='1271575601' post='376961']

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

Edgewood Borough, Allegheny County ALF 900 ladder. I believe it was an 85' model. Disposed of when Edgewood got out of the aerial business.

[/quote]

I hope you don't mind another shot, Mike.

[Image: hardy40-R1-014-5A.jpg]
Hardy, William C

Larimer VFD, Westmoreland County Station 1

Westinghouse Waltz Mill VFB, Westmoreland County Station 116
Hyde Park, Westmoreland County, PA

Engine 53-1

Ford C/Howe

This was their first-due engine until the early 2000s. It was replaced by a Pierce from LaMott, Montgomery County. It met its fate at the Pechins Auction.

[Image: 9659001-R1-052-24A.jpg]
Hardy, William C

Elizabeth, Allegheny County, PA

Tower 139

Ward LaFrance/Grove 100'

I know Elizabeth was at least the 2nd owner of this.

[Image: 1006800-R1-044-20A.jpg]
Hardy, William C

Elizabeth's tower served Duryea Fire Co. in Luzerne County. When they took delivery of their new QRS unit, they must have traded this in. I saw it sitting at the Ford Dealership in Blairsville the one day I was out. Not sure what happened to it after that, because it is not there anymore.
[quote name='Shoop' date='18 April 2010 - 06:24 PM' timestamp='1271628272' post='377036']

Elizabeth's tower served Duryea Fire Co. in Luzerne County. When they took delivery of their new QRS unit, they must have traded this in. I saw it sitting at the Ford Dealership in Blairsville the one day I was out. Not sure what happened to it after that, because it is not there anymore.

[/quote]

yes pat it came from excelsior #2 in duryea pa not sure where they got it from originally
tom bretz a ffII,retired disabled ff/emt from Kingston PA F D,own 2 wardlafranceengs a 49,a66,member of iaff 840,six cnty fire asso,pa state firemen's assoc, pa pump primers,schuylkill historic fire soc(spaamfaa's newest chapter--black diamond),luzerne cnty fire/rescue,life mem of columbian fire co kingston,former app op at laflin,edwrdsvlle,forty fort all in pa
it originally came from georgia.
[quote name='LarimeSta1' date='18 April 2010 - 06:06 PM' timestamp='1271627174' post='377033']

Hyde Park, Westmoreland County, PA

Engine 53-1

Ford C/Howe

This was their first-due engine until the early 2000s. It was replaced by a Pierce from LaMott, Montgomery County. It met its fate at the Pechins Auction.

[/quote]

Wasn't that the truck that they said didn't have brakes either? lol. Figured i'd at least be able to get you to call or write from the message board lol
[quote name='EngineMan' date='20 April 2010 - 01:17 PM' timestamp='1271782649' post='377184']

Wasn't that the truck that they said didn't have brakes either? lol. Figured i'd at least be able to get you to call or write from the message board lol

[/quote]

Hahaha, we ended up dumping 2.5 loads of water. I think it went pretty well for where it was...

Stickney Hose Company - Nanticoke, Luzerne County, PA

American LaFrance 900

I believe the event I took this picture at (6 County Parade in 2006) was the last event Stickney attended. Reading back through the board I believe it was donated to Newport Township.

[Image: 946089-R1-15-9A.jpg]

All "decked out"

[Image: 321772-R1-23-24A.jpg]
Hardy, William C