Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Keystone State Relics
Barlow VFD, Adams Co.

1966 Ford F-700/Darley 750/1000

is this a remount of an older body?

1992 photo by Warren Jenkins

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[quote name='mgk110' post='297255' date='Apr 14 2009, 22:04 ']Thank you for that info. I don't think Homestead had it for very long. Do you know what year it is?[/quote]

For a while, Lyndora ran 2 trucks, the ALF and their new Smeal.
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

City of New Kensington Bureau of Fire
I.S.O. Class 4 Department
I actually found a rig I can post in this thread from the 2001 Fredonia,NY FD 100th anniversary parade. This is a Young/Duplex Engine which served the Crescent Hose Company # 2 of Northeast,PA as Engine-212. I have no idea if this rig is still in service anymore or not.

And next up is a rear view of the Crescent Hose #2 Engine-212.

matchot,

I believe it was replaced two years ago by a KME engine.
[quote name='Shoop' post='297378' date='Apr 15 2009, 21:05 ']matchot,

I believe it was replaced two years ago by a KME engine.[/quote]

Thanks for the info.
[quote name='Dr. Stinebaugh' post='297356' date='Apr 15 2009, 19:36 ']Barlow VFD, Adams Co.

1966 Ford F-700/Darley 750/1000

is this a remount of an older body?

1992 photo by Warren Jenkins[/quote]

The body is from a 1947 Chevrolet which at the time was built "with local help". The front mount was added to the Ford at a later date.
[quote name='mgk110' post='297142' date='Apr 14 2009, 12:39 '][ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND][/quote]

Charleroi's 1971 Seagrave Pumper as seen at the 2006 Apple Blossom Festival Parade in Winchester, VA. I don't know if it is still owned by the same person...I had heard that it was up for auction on eBay at one point. There is a YouTube clip of him driving it in to the staging area for the parade that year (I think I searched under "Seagrave" to find it). From the Old Dominion Historical Fire Society (www.odhfs.org) website - credit to the photographer.

[quote name='ifm725' post='297429' date='Apr 16 2009, 06:21 ']Charleroi's 1971 Seagrave Pumper as seen at the 2006 Apple Blossom Festival Parade in Winchester, VA. I don't know if it is still owned by the same person...I had heard that it was up for auction on eBay at one point. There is a YouTube clip of him driving it in to the staging area for the parade that year (I think I searched under "Seagrave" to find it). From the Old Dominion Historical Fire Society (www.odhfs.org) website - credit to the photographer.[/quote]

There was 2 Charleroi Seagraves posted on ebay together last year... first they were going to be sold together, that didnt happen so, I belive they sold individualy.
[quote name='ifm725' post='297429' date='Apr 16 2009, 06:21 ']Charleroi's 1971 Seagrave Pumper as seen at the 2006 Apple Blossom Festival Parade in Winchester, VA. I don't know if it is still owned by the same person...I had heard that it was up for auction on eBay at one point. There is a YouTube clip of him driving it in to the staging area for the parade that year (I think I searched under "Seagrave" to find it). From the Old Dominion Historical Fire Society (www.odhfs.org) website - credit to the photographer.[/quote]

I think this truck was owned by dcfd470. I believe that is his Masontown rig behind it.
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

[quote name='gfd1' post='297409' date='Apr 15 2009, 21:37 ']The body is from a 1947 Chevrolet which at the time was built "with local help". The front mount was added to the Ford at a later date.[/quote]

Thanks Charles, maybe you can help with this one?

Fountaindale VFC in Adams County went thru a fleet of used rigs before buying a pair of new rigs several years ago.

I have this as a 1957 GMC/Young 750/500, x-?

V.McLaughlin photo, Jenkins collection

Fountaindale also had this x-Lincolnway VFD of York,PA. 1958 Mack C-85 750/500. A past chief still owns this.

V.McLaughlin photo, Jenkins collection

A view of Hampton VFC's (Adams Co.) 1980 IH S-series/1960 Hahn 450/2000 after a repainting in the 1990's.

Dave Bowen photo, Jenkins collection

1964 GMC/Bruco "school-bus style rescue"

orig. Shawnee Valley VFD of Schellsburg, Bedford Co., then Hyndman VFC of Bedford Co. in 80's and 90's.

Photo taken 9/01 in Connellsville,PA.

Warren Jenkins photo

Warren the 1957 GMC is x-Blue Ridge Summit
Patrick Shoop Sr.

Lewistown, PA.
Speaking of Fountaindale... they had a Spartan something pumper that had a Ford 534 gas motor in it... by the time I finally found Fountaindale it was gone (go figure). Anyone have a picture of that or more information??

Fritz

PS: I hope you had fun in Potter County Shoop.... I will wait anxiously for the pictures
I purchased the Bristol 1966 mack C-95 in January of this year. I am in the process of getting it restored. I'd be happy to field any questions or provide photos. Any old photos of the rig would be most appreciated.

Gary M. Belt

Manassas, VA

Saint Vincent College Engine 117 1957 700 series 750 gpm twinflow pump, 300 gwt. Ex- Churchill PA. Replaced by a CF-600 Mack from Fox Chapel. Whereabouts unknown, this picture taken at the 1989 PA State Convention in Latrobe.
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

West Kittanning 1984 American LaFrance Century 1000 tanker. 2,000 gpm twinflow pump, 2,000 gwt. A front view from the New Kensington parade in 1988.
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

A side view of the pump panel. Looks like a replica of a Harrisburg Blitz Box, except it's not a Mack
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief