Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air Ambulances
[quote name='fd2119' post='289515' date='Mar 14 2009, 05:45 ']Not to stray too far off topic, but I always thought helmets were a no-no on approaching a helicopter?[/quote]

Chin straps are required, but we are not allowed to approach a running helicopter without helmets and eye protection at a minimum.
Aaron Woods
St. Lucie County, FL Fire-Rescue has this 2002 Agusta A119 Helicopter for Air Rescue. It used to be flown by the Sheriff's Dept. and staffed with Fire-Rescue Paramedics. Omni-Flight took over flying it and provides a Flight Nurse who works with the Omni-Flight crew. They changed the tail # from N911SL to N511SL, removed the Sheriff's decals and added Omni-Flight.

Mark Carr photo

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I found this in the hanger at St. Lucie County, FL's Airport when I shot the previous helicopter. I'd shot it in Georgia a year or so ago and was amazed to find it in Florida. Omni-Flight recently took over the Atlanta Medical Center's Rescue Air 1 program. In the process, they closed down some of Rescue Air's operations. A couple of days ago, they flew this helicopter to Florida to be used as a spare for the normal aircraft. This one is a 1992 American Eurocopter AS350 B2 with tail #N264MW at St Lucie County, FL Airport.

For an inside shot, it came out pretty decent.

Mark Carr photo

I just moved into a new apartment that overlooks a few different hospitals...it didnt take long for me to notice the helicopters that were coming in ever 15-20 minutes. here are a few.. Its just landing in this one

and again

this is one taking off...

this is another one coming in to land

That same helicopter in the last picture never unloaded a patient, the guys seen in this one came out and jumped in, it was only there for 2 minutes tops

this is more or less the view i have out of my bedroom window, watching over the hospital

Attached Files Image(s)

In the first one you can see how far away i am

Image(s)

two fairly general pictures of the neighborhood and helicopter on the hospital..

Attached Files Image(s)

two different helicopters that took off from the hospital

Those two are Boston Medflight aircraft. The larger of the two and the one with the wheels is their brand spankin new Sikorsky S-76 C++. Very nice, very expensive machine. Based out of Bedford, Ma.

The other is an American Eurocopter BK117 C1 model. They have two of these, one based in Bedford, Ma and one in Plymouth, Ma.

Keep an eye out, you will also see Life Flight of Maine with their Augusta 109 powers, DHART with their EC 135s, Life Flight with their EC-145, Albany Med Flight - another EC 135 and Hartford Life Star with their BK 117s.

Keep sendin the pics, love 'em!
Rob Atwater

Lieutenant

Derry Fire

Engine 4/Truck 4

Derry, NH
Orlando Regional Health Care, Orlando, FL now has this 1989 Messerschmitt BK-117 N270SL at Clermont Hospital.

Mark Carr photo

Jacksonville Florida Lifeflight BK-117 on the landing pad at Baptist Hospital N625LN

Another pic of Lifeflight. Photo was taken during a joint helo training day with the Florida Army National Guard, Lifeflight, and CCFR

EC-130 N130LN photographed at Leesburg International Airport

Attached Files Image(s)

N538LN EC135P2 photographed at Reynolds Park, Green Cove Springs, FL

BK-117 N627AM

Spare helo used for the now closed Lifeflight 2 operation at Reynolds Park, Green Cove Springs FL

1 more of 627AM