Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Massachusetts Fire Apparatus
Lowell Ladder 4 front. They're looking for a way to mount the bell. Only truck we have with a short bumper.

Attached Files Image(s)

Lowell Ladder 4 Left side

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Here's a couple more from my Worcester set.

Ladder 1 at the General Alarm Mill fire in Uxbridge

Worcester Former Ladder 1. This was the first time I had ever seen a truck up on a hill like that. (Mid 90's)

Worcester Ladder 2 E\-One/Maxim

Worcester Ladder 5 Maxim

Worcester Ladder 6 at the cold storage fire

Smokey shot of Worcester Aerialscope 1

Worcester Aerialscope 2

Worcester Aerialscope 1

Worcester Ex Rescue 1

Worcester former Haz Mat 1

[quote name='LFDTL3' date='07 March 2010 - 10:01 PM' timestamp='1268019660' post='368649']

Worcester Aerialscope 2

[/quote]

I know the aerialscopes have stablizers in the front bumper, but is it normal for the cab and chassis to bend?
[quote name='LFDTL3' date='07 March 2010 - 09:41 PM' timestamp='1268018511' post='368632']

Lowell Ladder 4 front. They're looking for a way to mount the bell. Only truck we have with a short bumper.

[/quote]

Wichita, KS had Pierce make this bell bracket to hang on the corner of the cab of Engine 10. Its similar to Seagrave. They call it a Pedestrian warning device for the WSU campus. Around Saint Louis they have been using Velvac mirror arms to mount the bells.

Stay Safe Brother,

Rick

Attached Files Image(s)

Member: F.O.O.L.S of OZ, IAFF L2542

www.kansasfiretrucks.com

Rick Mosher
Olathe, Kansas Fire Department
Engine Co. 4
Metro Kansas City, Missouri
[quote name='SLCPDEXPLORER' date='07 March 2010 - 11:55 PM' timestamp='1268022918' post='368682']

I know the aerialscopes have stablizers in the front bumper, but is it normal for the cab and chassis to bend?

[/quote]

Knowing what little I knew about fire trucks back then. It didn't look right to me either.
[quote name='MFD 61 KS' date='08 March 2010 - 12:11 AM' timestamp='1268023905' post='368691']

Wichita, KS had Pierce make this bell bracket to hang on the corner of the cab of Engine 10. Its similar to Seagrave. They call it a Pedestrian warning device for the WSU campus. Around Saint Louis they have been using Velvac mirror arms to mount the bells.

Stay Safe Brother,

Rick

[/quote]

Thanks for the picture. I'll forward it to their Captain and the Chief.
Whitman MA's new Engine-2. 2009 E\-One Typhoon/Tradition 1500/750/30-Foam.

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='LFDTL3' date='07 March 2010 - 10:50 PM' timestamp='1268019013' post='368639']

Here's a couple more from my Worcester set.

Ladder 1 at the General Alarm Mill fire in Uxbridge

[/quote]

This is now also former Ladder 1...they have a 2006 Spartan/smeal rearmount currently