Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pennsylvania Fire/EMS Apparatus
[quote name='mgk110' post='302464' date='May 3 2009, 14:42 '][ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

City of Greensburg Salvage 8. Body is by Seagrave, don't know the cab make.[/quote]

The body was made by Kenco in Scottdale. The Seagrave was added by the members due to their engine (and pretty much every motorized engine the city has ever had) being a Seagrave. I believe the cabe is an IO, some sort of foreign GM chassis. They went with that cab/chassis because several of the members had driven them for their employer.
Great shots that remind me of home, Mike! I can vaugely recall the fire, but Larimer was not there and I think I was working at the time.

As for Salvage 79-8, I thought the chassis was a UD, but I think the revious poster was correct.

Here is a shot of it from the annual Fire Prevention Week festivities at Westmoreland Mall:

Greensburg, Westmoreland County, PA

Salvage 79-8

?/Kenco

[Image: 761186-R1-15-16A_016.jpg]

I have never seen, in my limited experience, any place that compares to Westmoreland County when it comes to specialized apparatus. In addition to Greensburg, there are very large salvage trucks in Southwest Greensburg, Latrobe #1, and Claridge . Also, Hempfield Township, Hempfield #2, and Greensburg #8 all run "Water Salvage" trucks which are basically carpet cleaner vans for sucking out water (incidentally Greensburg's is now in a trailer). Export also runs a small salvage/special service truck.

But what do you expect from a county that, up until last year, ran two high-expansion foam trucks (Greensburg #2 and Irwin; Irwin's was sold last year)... Or that has three dedicated ventilation trucks (Westmoreland City, Jeannette, Hempfield Township) plus one that is for HazMat and ventilation (Latrobe #3)!
Hardy, William C

Larimer VFD, Westmoreland County Station 1

Westinghouse Waltz Mill VFB, Westmoreland County Station 116
[quote name='LarimeSta1' post='302693' date='May 4 2009, 19:18 ']Great shots that remind me of home, Mike! I can vaugely recall the fire, but Larimer was not there and I think I was working at the time.

As for Salvage 79-8, I thought the chassis was a UD, but I think the revious poster was correct.

Here is a shot of it from the annual Fire Prevention Week festivities at Westmoreland Mall:

Greensburg, Westmoreland County, PA

Salvage 79-8

?/Kenco

[Image: 761186-R1-15-16A_016.jpg]

I have never seen, in my limited experience, any place that compares to Westmoreland County when it comes to specialized apparatus. In addition to Greensburg, there are very large salvage trucks in Southwest Greensburg, Latrobe #1, and Claridge . Also, Hempfield Township, Hempfield #2, and Greensburg #8 all run "Water Salvage" trucks which are basically carpet cleaner vans for sucking out water (incidentally Greensburg's is now in a trailer). Export also runs a small salvage/special service truck.

But what do you expect from a county that, up until last year, ran two high-expansion foam trucks (Greensburg #2 and Irwin; Irwin's was sold last year)... Or that has three dedicated ventilation trucks (Westmoreland City, Jeannette, Hempfield Township) plus one that is for HazMat and ventilation (Latrobe #3)![/quote]

I'm guessing here.. but is the cab on this truck possibly a Hino or Isuzu cab? Looks very close to those by design.
Bob C.

Retired member: NZ Fire Service (19 years)

Retired member: Order of St. John Ambulance (3.5 years)
The Greensburg Salvage is a Isuzu cab / GMC I think GMC sold them as GMC for a while. the body is KENCO.

Wing
[quote name='Bob C' post='302699' date='May 4 2009, 03:45 ']I'm guessing here.. but is the cab on this truck possibly a Hino or Isuzu cab? Looks very close to those by design.[/quote]

UD, that's it. I knew it was 2 letters.
Wellsboro,Pa

1967 American LaFrance 100'

1000/250

Ron Bogardus collection

Attached Files Image(s)

Wellsboro,Pa

1961 American LaFrance

1000/750

Ron Bogardus collection

Attached Files Image(s)

Wellsboro,Pa

1965 American LaFrance

1000/300 50'

Ron Bogardus collection

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='mgk110' post='302464' date='May 3 2009, 14:42 '][ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

City of Greensburg Salvage 8. Body is by Seagrave, don't know the cab make.[/quote]

Looks like it could be a Mack Chassis.
Paxtonia Ladder 34

1998 Seagrave 100' tiller

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Paxtonia Fire Dept

Engine 34

2009 Seagrave

Colonial Park Fire Company

Squad 33

Ford F-450/???

1982 Pierce Ranger 1250/1000

ex-Linglestown Fire Company, Lower Paxton Township

unit is for sale

Harrisburg Area Community College (HACC)

1969 Hahn 1000/???

unit is parked in a garage on the back of the training field, It has been replaced by an engine donated by Upper Allen Fire Department (former Engine 1-23).

Some shots from Amish Country, and from Hershey, PA

Attached Files Image(s)

Attached Files Image(s)

Attached Files Image(s)

6th and last