nutley reserve engine 4 88 mack cf/ward 79

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

east orange engine 4

West Orange car 2

just other rigs i caught that day newark engine 14 2003 E\-One

Engine 7 jersey city, went up for truck 3 which was a tiller but heard it was disbanded any truth to that??? didnt ask the guys at the house

jersey city engine 5, late morning sun

last one ladder 12 jersey city

actually one more, will get a better pick but bayonne's tower mack tower still running strong

[quote name='anesti' date='23 February 2010 - 09:31 PM' timestamp='1266977498' post='366017']

Engine 7 jersey city, went up for truck 3 which was a tiller but heard it was disbanded any truth to that??? didnt ask the guys at the house

[/quote]

anesti, from what I hear Ladder 3 which was I believe a 1996 or 97 model Seagrave tiller, broke down and has been out of service for a while. It will not return to service but it will be replaced hopefully soon by a new tiller, not sure who has the bid though.
Last I heard a 100ft TDA was ordered for L3 from Crimson with a Spartan Gladiator Tractor, 8 man cab
[quote name='Backdrft17' date='24 February 2010 - 09:44 AM' timestamp='1267021474' post='366071']

anesti, from what I hear Ladder 3 which was I believe a 1996 or 97 model Seagrave tiller, broke down and has been out of service for a while. It will not return to service but it will be replaced hopefully soon by a new tiller, not sure who has the bid though.

[/quote]

thats good to hear that they will be getting a new tiller
[quote name='anesti' date='23 February 2010 - 09:23 PM' timestamp='1266977011' post='366007']

west orange engine 2 93 E\-One

[/quote]

Oh, bringing back memories. One of many WOFD trucks I rode in growing up. First truck I ever played with water on. This is actually the 2nd assignment to E2 for this truck. It was delivered and put in service as E2 in Tory Corner on Washington St. back in 93. Then in 97, they purchased a Simon-Duplex/LTI 75' rearmount quint for E2. This truck was reassigned to E4 in Pleasantdale on Pleasant Valley Way. I dont know exactly when, but it was reassigned back to E2 and the LTI was either kept as a spare or disposed of (for reasons I dont know...havent been to visit friends there in over 10 years now). Montclair actually had a similar LTI purchased around the same time in 97 that they also disposed of. That unit is currently running in New Bedford, MA as Engine 5.

Great photos.
<p class="bbc_center">Kevin White

Fireground Photographer

www.KDWFirePhotos.com
North Hudson ladder 1 2008 Pierce arrow xt

North Hudson Engine 1 1992 Pierce Dash

North Hudson Squad 10 a reassigned rig from squad 1 and squad 7 1993 E\-One

Engine 13 1992 Pierce Dash