Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mark Carr Photos
Didn't PBCFR E39 have a slightly newer Freightliner/ALF pumper with roll-up doors they were using? Like maybe a '04 model.

Thanks in advance.
Larry Di Camillo

Fire Chief

Stafford Fire Department

www.staffordfirerescue.org

Engineer/Operator

Houston Fire Department

Ladder Co. 68 "A"

www.firehouse68.com
[quote name='Ladder 68' date='13 February 2010 - 07:25 AM' timestamp='1266062723' post='363895']

Didn't PBCFR E39 have a slightly newer Freightliner/ALF pumper with roll-up doors they were using? Like maybe a '04 model.

Thanks in advance.

[/quote]

E39 did have a Freightliner/ALF Pumper but not sure on the year. That truck now sits a PBCFR Headquarters
Good enough...thanks for the information.
Larry Di Camillo

Fire Chief

Stafford Fire Department

Engineer/Operator

Houston Fire Department

Ladder Co. 68 "A"

www.firehouse68.com
[quote name='Shoop' date='12 February 2010 - 11:58 PM' timestamp='1266035884' post='363886']

Mark,

Boca Raton took delivery of two new sutphen engines. They are very sharp looking in the new color scheme. 1 of them went to Engine 2, not sure about the other. Photos on Sutphens website. Also Boynton took delivery of their second Sutphen Mini Ladder. Figured I'd give ya heads up incase ya didn't know about them.

[/quote]

Shoop, thanks for the heads-up on the Boynton and Boca stuff. I'm actually on I-75 northbound just about to Georgia again. This was a quick trip down and back. Actually, I knew about the new Boca stuff as I passed a southbound Boca engine on I-75 just south of Atlanta a couple of weeks ago.

Guess I'll have to get that stuff another time. Hope you have good luck in March with Alex. Hope you have better weather than we had and better than we had last year for the Winter Thaw.

Mark
[quote name='Kiddo76' date='13 February 2010 - 10:55 AM' timestamp='1266075337' post='363907']

E39 did have a Freightliner/ALF Pumper but not sure on the year. That truck now sits a PBCFR Headquarters

/quote]

The engine you're referring to is this former Palm Springs engine, a 2003 Freightliner/American LaFrance/Becker Pumper 1250 GPM Pumper.

It is now used by the training division at HQ but hasn't been relettered yet.

Mark Carr photo

Attached Files Image(s)

That is the one...How did it come from Palm Springs FD? Where they absorbed by PBCFR at some point?

Thanks in advance.
Larry Di Camillo

Fire Chief

Stafford Fire Department

Engineer/Operator

Houston Fire Department

Ladder Co. 68 "A"

www.firehouse68.com
[quote name='Ladder 68' date='14 February 2010 - 01:42 PM' timestamp='1266171759' post='364091']

That is the one...How did it come from Palm Springs FD? Where they absorbed by PBCFR at some point?

Thanks in advance.

[/quote]Yes, they were absorbed in 2009(?).
[quote name='Ladder 68' date='14 February 2010 - 01:42 PM' timestamp='1266171759' post='364091']

Thanks in advance.

[/quote]

October 1, 2009, we absorbed both Palm Springs and Lake Worth Fire Depts. From what I hear, Palm Beach Gardens will be next! I can't wait to go down and photograph all their green rigs with the name Palm Beach County on them but I hate to see Gardens' cool trucks go away.
Well, on the way to and from the SPAAMFAA event in Tampa a couple of weeks ago, GA Dave and I stopped off at a few places and shot some stuff. This one's nothing much special but I thought it was kinda different. It's in Turner County, GA and looks to be a 199-something GMC/Southern with a trailer and is used as the county's hazmat unit.

Mark Carr photo

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

In Pasco County, FL a bunch of us photo geeks chased a fire in hopes of getting some good apparatus shots. Since the weather was kinda crappy, some of the better shots actually came from this fire. Here's a Pasco County rescue unit, a 200? Ford F350/Wheeled Coach.

Mark Carr photo

I've been trying to get a shot of this rig for about 5 years. Every time Dave and I went to shoot it, it was broken down in the station. Now, it's sitting outside and is believed to be on its way to its next life with the honor guard. It wouldn't start this time either but I cried on the shoulders of the crew and made them feel sorry enough for me to jump start it and move it to a sunny spot. It's McDonough, GA Fire Department's 1967 Ford/Pirsch 750/500 Pumper. It's really sad that it's sitting outside fading and deteriorating. Oh well.

Mark Carr photo

I think the guys at McDonough actually liked the last truck more than they like this one. It's a 2008 Rosenbauer 1500/500/85' Platform as Quint 52. They weren't very fond of this one. They keep the bucket tilted up so they can see traffic lights and so forth better.

Mark Carr photo

Macon-Bibb County Airport in GA had some interesting old rigs. They were in deplorable condition but they cranked them up and pulled them out for us to photograph. First up is one of two 1975 Ward LaFrance 750/100/200F as Air Rescue 3 #801196.

Mark Carr photo

Here's the other one, as Air Rescue 2 #801195.

Mark Carr photo

The other two rigs at this airport were a bit newer and in much better shape. Engine 102 is a 2008 Pierce Arrow XT 1500/500 Pumper #20881-02.

Mark Carr photo

And Rescue 1 from the Macon-Bibb County Regional Airport is this 2003 Ford F550/Crash Rescue Equipment 150/300/25F.

Mark Carr photo

[quote name='unMARKedCARR' date='04 March 2010 - 06:16 PM' timestamp='1267747008' post='368042']

Macon-Bibb County Airport in GA had some interesting old rigs. They were in deplorable condition but they cranked them up and pulled them out for us to photograph. First up is one of two 1975 Ward LaFrance 750/100/200F as Air Rescue 3 #801196.

Mark Carr photo

[/quote]

Very cool rigs, any idea why they are in bad shape? Did they sit outdoors? Thanks for posting keep up.

Stay Safe,

Rick
Member: F.O.O.L.S of OZ, IAFF L2542

www.kansasfiretrucks.com

Rick Mosher
Olathe, Kansas Fire Department
Engine Co. 4
Metro Kansas City, Missouri
[quote name='MFD 61 KS' date='04 March 2010 - 07:44 PM' timestamp='1267748660' post='368048']

Very cool rigs, any idea why they are in bad shape? Did they sit outdoors? Thanks for posting keep up.

Stay Safe,

Rick

[/quote]

My guess is that they have been kept there basically to fullfil an obligation to keep the airport open. I think one guy was there who's main job was to respond to aircraft incidents. His main ride was the little Ford/CRE. I think leaks on the top from the turrets have contributed to the look of the front of the cab. There is bondo on them, sprayed on primer and at least one spot in the A-post on one of them that you could stick an axe handle through where it's rusted out. I don't think the trucks even had any real equipment on them and the air pressure was zero. But, they were still cool to see.
Great shots Mark! I shot some of Macon's apparatus as well last week and will share them soon. I really like their Pierce engines.
Drew James
GA Paramedic
Although this is one I posted on the show link, since it's one of my favorites I'm gonna stick it here too. Now collector owned and lettered for Sparky Fire Dept, 1968 Crown 1250/100/85' Pitman Snorkel #F1509 previously served in San Bruno, CA.

Mark Carr photo