Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Relics
American LaFrance engine now owned by NASDI, a demolition company in the Boston area. This was found at the old Raytheon site in Waltham, which parts of are being demo'd. Perhaps used for dust supression?

[quote name='mmwolf65' post='307368' date='May 21 2009, 13:20 ']American LaFrance engine now owned by NASDI, a demolition company in the Boston area. This was found at the old Raytheon site in Waltham, which parts of are being demo'd. Perhaps used for dust supression?

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=49974][/quote]

Looks like Troy,NH old engine its a 1976 with a 1250/500
[quote name='BAIN172' post='307380' date='May 21 2009, 15:32 ']Looks like Troy,NH old engine its a 1976 with a 1250/500[/quote]

I think you might be right.

[Image: NH%20FD]
-Eric Fellows

[url="http://www.ericsfirepics.com"]Eric's Fire Pics[/url]
This relic was sitting behind Corinth's station and was basically used as a parts truck to keep Corinth's Kaisers running.

Ex-Converse Area,SC

1967 Kaiser

150/200

Attached Files Image(s)

Micah Bodford
Fire Investigator
City of Winston-Salem Fire Dept.
[quote name='Frank B' post='307327' date='May 21 2009, 10:29 '][color="#FF0000"]Photo by Dave Bowen[/color][/quote]

frank, the original photographer is hugh mcgeehan , i have his collection in my posession. it was slides but i had to pay to convert then , this may have been copied before i started adding names to photos, as i said i do have the original slide of this pic
tom bretz a ffII,retired disabled ff/emt from Kingston PA F D,own 2 wardlafranceengs a 49,a66,member of iaff 840,six cnty fire asso,pa state firemen's assoc, pa pump primers,schuylkill historic fire soc(spaamfaa's newest chapter--black diamond),luzerne cnty fire/rescue,life mem of columbian fire co kingston,former app op at laflin,edwrdsvlle,forty fort all in pa
[quote name='wardengine' post='308235' date='May 24 2009, 19:48 ']frank, the original photographer is hugh mcgeehan , i have his collection in my posession. it was slides but i had to pay to convert then , this may have been copied before i started adding names to photos, as i said i do have the original slide of this pic[/quote]

Thanks. I have so many pics, it is hard to keep track. I lost some photographer information over time.

I do not have many photos of this truck.
I took a little road trip yesterday through Cherokee and Spartanburg Counties in SC to update some fire station pics and found several old relics along the way. The first one is sitting off I-85 near Exit 104 just inside SC. It is from Deep Gap VFD in Watauga County, NC.

Deep Gap VFD Old Engine 2302

Ford C / Ward LaFrance

22' Command Tower

I am sure Micah or Andrew have complete specs on it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

This chassis is sitting behind C.K.C. VFD south of Gaffney, SC. It was a former beer delivery truck that was converted to an Equipment truck for the FD. The body was transferred to a 2004 Freightliner M2 chassis.

This old Dodge pumper was sitting under a shed at a house near Macedonia VFD's Sunny Slope station near Green River Rd and Sunny Slope Rd near Gaffney, SC. I didn't get any info off the truck.

I found Cowpens VFD's old brush truck sitting across from their old fire station.

This old engine was sitting behind an animal hospital on Hwy 18 South near Hwy 211. It is about 1/4 mile North of Asbury Rehobeth VFD in Cherokee County. The lady I talked to at the animal hospital said it was originally delivered to Spartanburg, SC FD, then went to Goucher White Plains, SC VFD, then to Asbury Rehobeth, SC VFD before ending up behind the animal hospital. It is owned by the doctors husband now. I got what I believe is the Oshkosh number, but could not find a Pierce number.

1970 Oshkosh / Pierce

1250 / ?

Oshkosh # 11545

This old brush truck was sitting behind Twin Rivers VFD in Cherokee County. It was lettered for Macedonia VFD. I believe they have it for a parts truck. There was a similar truck in the bay at Twin Rivers.

[quote name='bcfd424' post='309399' date='May 28 2009, 14:29 ']This old Dodge pumper was sitting under a shed at a house near Macedonia VFD's Sunny Slope station near Green River Rd and Sunny Slope Rd near Gaffney, SC. I didn't get any info off the truck.[/quote]

Hi,

If you get back by, I'd love to know more about this one. Appears to be 1941.

Nollie

Dodgefiretks@hotmail.com
[quote name='bcfd424' post='309400' date='May 28 2009, 14:30 ']I found Cowpens VFD's old brush truck sitting across from their old fire station.[/quote]

1970 Bean / Dodge PW

I thought it had been sold to a collector, but looks like it's just been stripped and parked, what a shame!

Nollie
Here is a shot of "NASDI One"...... at the Quincy VoTech site...

If I might add a slight correction. The unit in post 2132 served at the now defunt Pacolet Mills SC VFD (now Pacolet FD). It was never part of the City of Spartanburg fleet. If memory serves I think it started life either in or near St Louis MO. I do know the front bumper extension had to be removed to make it fit in the old Pacolet Mills station. Even then it was from back wall to door with no room at all. But should would run and pump like a champ.
Thank you for the correction. I was going by what the lady told me at the vet office.
[quote name='yelrowekim' post='309475' date='May 28 2009, 20:23 ']Here is a shot of "NASDI One"...... at the Quincy VoTech site...

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=50627][/quote]

I hope there was a member of QFD on a detail there!
[quote name='mmwolf65' post='309609' date='May 29 2009, 16:13 ']I hope there was a member of QFD on a detail there![/quote]

Its not a fire watch... the water is to keep the dust down. I dont Think they would need to pay a FF OT to watch UNLESS that is Mass Law