Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Empire State Oldies
Campbell NY 1935 Buffalo
The other side of the Campbell NY Buffalo. Any one chassis?
Canadagua NY 1937 Buffalo

Fredonia NY 1947 Buffalo
A few shots of Eden NY 1927 Buffalo Selden Chassis

Is this the same Selden from Allentown PA?
Eden NY 1927 Buffalo Selden Chassis
Eden NY 24 Ford Buffalo
Eden NY 24 Ford Buffalo
Filmore NY 1925 Buffalo Reo

I recognize the Reo from my Hale scans!
Fergus Falls NY 1935 Buffalo type 7-R-125

Harpursville NY 1940 Buffalo International
[quote name='Frank B' post='311355' date='Jun 6 2009, 00:22 ']Fergus Falls NY 1935 Buffalo type 7-R-125

Harpursville NY 1940 Buffalo International[/quote]

Love these shots, however, Fergus Falls is not in NY. Minnesota, perhaps?
John Kenealy

[url="http://www.cnyfiretrucks.com"]CNYFiretrucks.com: Over 5200 photos of apparatus from over 1000 New York State Departments![/url]

[Image: IMAG0400.jpg] New York
[quote name='Frank B' post='311347' date='Jun 6 2009, 00:08 ']The other side of the Campbell NY Buffalo. Any one chassis?[/quote]

1935-36 International
[quote name='Frank B' post='311344' date='Jun 6 2009, 00:02 ']Buffalo fire appliance co photos from the collection of Bill Schwartz

1946 Buffalo

Marked as Buffalo NY but the side says something springs?

Thanks to Bill Schwartz for the use of this photo[/quote]

This truck was privately owned, was active in the Rochester NY area Muster Circuit 15 yrs ago, haven't seen it in ages. I think "Buffalo Springs" was a name the owner dreamed up.

John in Rochester NY.
Quote:Fredonia NY 1947 Buffalo

This rig belonged to the M.M. Fenner Hose Company of Fredonia, NY. The Buffalo book I have shows it as a 1948 custom Buffalo 750 GPM pumper. It was replaced around 1969 and sold to the Scandia FD in North Warren, PA and later sold to Russell, PA. Current status unknown, but it's no longer at Russell.

My first visit to that fire hall was in 1964 on a kindergarten field trip. The Fredonia FD moved out many years ago, but the building still lives on, housing several offices and a deli. The food's not bad! Thanks for posting this one!

Quote:Canadagua NY 1937 Buffalo

Canandaigua. Those Indian names can be tricky! It also served Clifton Springs for a while. I stumbled upon this old girl sitting in a field in Retsof, NY several years back, rusted and neglected. Shortly after that, it was purchased by a collector/buff who has completely restored her and now participates regularily at local musters.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Quote:A few shots of Eden NY 1927 Buffalo Selden Chassis

Is this the same Selden from Allentown PA?

It is! Buffalo used that chassis for quite a few rigs in the 20's.

Quote:Fergus Falls NY 1935 Buffalo type 7-R-125

Minnesota, not New York. It had a 750 GPM pump.
[quote name='GA_Dave' post='311653' date='Jun 6 2009, 22:40 ']Canandaigua. Those Indian names can be tricky! It also served Clifton Springs for a while. I stumbled upon this old girl sitting in a field in Retsof, NY several years back, rusted and neglected. Shortly after that, it was purchased by a collector/buff who has completely restored her and now participates regularily at local musters.[/quote]

Here's how she looks today.

John Kenealy

[url="http://www.cnyfiretrucks.com"]CNYFiretrucks.com: Over 5200 photos of apparatus from over 1000 New York State Departments![/url]

Other side.

John Kenealy

Eagle Mills,Ny

Int'l/Ward LaFrance

750/1250

Ron Bogardus photo

Attached Files Image(s)

Lyncourt,Ny

1956 Ford/Sanford

500/500

Ron Bogardus photo

Attached Files Image(s)

I think that this is a 1953 Ford and not a 1956.

A.J.
A.J.Ramming
[quote name='The Commish' post='311727' date='Jun 7 2009, 11:40 ']Lyncourt,Ny

1956 Ford/Sanford

500/500

Ron Bogardus photo[/quote]

Lyncourt still owns this old Ford. In person the color is more of a butterscotch, than yellow.

tim/csff25