Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Relics
It looks like this former Hammond Indiana Mack CF-600 served as both Engine 1 and 11. Now it's at Master Fire Equipment‎ in Hammond.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

sorry about the fence

rear view

I found this snorkel behind McLeod Farms on Highway 151 outside McBee, SC Monday afternoon while heading to the beach. I didn't get any info off the truck.

Moncks Corners, SC old Ladder

On the way home Saturday I happened up on this old American LaFrance. The man I talked to said that it was orginal to Charleston, SC and then it was sold to Oak Grove VFD in Dillion County, SC. Oak Grove got a grant last year and replaced it. It is sitting at a BBQ place on Highway 501 near Oak Grove, SC. I think I got the ALF number off it.

Oak Grove VFD Old Engine

1966 American LaFrance

1000 /

# 12-1-1742

Passenger Side

This old truck was in a field at the Brightsville VFD in Marlboro County, SC just North of Bennettsville off Highway 38. The guys at the department said that they bought it from Scanton, SC outside of Florence, so I guess it came from from South Lynches VFD.

Brightsville VFD Old Engine

1975 Kenworth / 1976 Oren

1000 /

Oren # 14833-0

Oak Grove VFD Old Engine

1966 American LaFrance

1000 /

# 12-1-1742

can you confirm? 12-1-1742 comes back to a 1970 from Greeley, CO a 1250/500

thanks
Quote:can you confirm? 12-1-1742 comes back to a 1970 from Greeley, CO a 1250/500

That makes sense. I noticed some very non-1966 items on it, such as the stainless pump panel that was typical of the 1000 Series, as well as the bright trim panel above/behind the front bumper. The 1966 ALF logo would have been different too.
[quote name='FDNYTRUCKS.com' post='313814' date='Jun 14 2009, 20:13 ']Oak Grove VFD Old Engine

1966 American LaFrance

1000 /

# 12-1-1742

can you confirm? 12-1-1742 comes back to a 1970 from Greeley, CO a 1250/500

thanks[/quote]

Sorry but that is the only info I have. I went by what the guy told me as far as the year and I wrote the number down when I got back into the car, so I may have wrote it down wrong. The truck is about 3 hours from me now, but if I make it through there again I will stop.
Here's a relic, NOT facing a "Sad"ending. Fmr Converse, SC Engine 1. 1960 Ford/American Lafrance. The mechanic at the shop it was parked in front of said he was in the process of restoring it.

[Image: 100_7948.jpg]

[Image: 100_7949.jpg]
[quote name='bcfd424' post='313715' date='Jun 14 2009, 15:43 ']This old truck was in a field at the Brightsville VFD in Marlboro County, SC just North of Bennettsville off Highway 38. The guys at the department said that they bought it from Scanton, SC outside of Florence, so I guess it came from from South Lynches VFD.

Brightsville VFD Old Engine

1975 Kenworth / 1976 Oren

1000 /

Oren # 14833-0[/quote]

This truck was purchased by the Town of Scranton, SC and was banana yellow. The Town of Scranton contracted fire protection with South Lynches in the 90's and it came to South Lynches as part of that deal. It was sold to Brightsville in 1996. It orginally came from VA, maybe Roanoke or Roanoke County?
Roanoke Co. ran bout a half a dozen of those, white over lime.
Got a tip about where this rig was located and made a quick trip out to a salvage yard off of East Washington Street in Petersburg.

The original Prince George County, Va Truck 1. The rig was pushed back among other vehicles and assorted junk, making possible angles limited.

Engine 1 to all units, we've got a glow in the sky!

If God's not a Hokie, Then why do the leaves turn Maroon and Orange in the Fall?

My [url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotowun/"]Flickr Account[/url]
Front...All of the lights and windows were intact.

If God's not a Hokie, Then why do the leaves turn Maroon and Orange in the Fall?

Interior...still in excellent shape.

The 'scope and body were, from what I understand, remounted on the current Truck 1.

I found this old rescue truck off Highway 16 in Denver, NC.

Tyger River, SC Old M-7

Ford F350 / Stahl

The old Prince George tower served Progress Fire Co. in Dauphin County before heading south. It still says on the front. I have quite a few photos of that tower.
Not quite a relic yet, but I found this sitting outside Lakeway Central, TN's fire station. It's been replaced by a Freightliner M2/E-One Tradition Series engine. I'd still rather have the Pierce!!

Lakeway Central, TN "X Engine 490"

1987 Pierce Arrow

1500/500

Job # E-3758-02

X: Cleveland, OH

Andrew Messer Photo (2009)

Andrew C. Messer

Haywood County, NC

FM1/1823

Visit My Photo Website! WNC Fire Pics

Proverbs 3:5-6

Found this relic alongside a highway near the Sugar Loaf Fire Station in Alexander County, NC a few weeks ago. As luck would have it, it started raining when I got the camera out to shoot this truck...and it stopped after I was done with it. That's my luck for ya!

Vashti, NC "X 371"

1958 GMC 350/Howe FCHRS3

500/500

S/N # 10293

X: ??? VFD of Hickory, NC (Bill F's database says it served Hickory, NC but the City of Hickory didn't have trucks with Volunteer on the doors...)

Andrew Messer Photo (2009)

Andrew C. Messer

Haywood County, NC

FM1/1823

Visit My Photo Website! WNC Fire Pics

Proverbs 3:5-6