Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crusin' Carolina
Here are a few from the Anderson county Fire Expo and Greenville county Fire Cheifs meeting. 1st is W. Pelzer Rescue 6. Spartan.

[Image: fire1289.jpg]
2 demos. This Crimson tower

[Image: fire1307.jpg]

and E\-One tanker

[Image: fire1317.jpg]
About 2 weeks ago, Hooked up with Andrew (Wnc fire pics)> we hit a couple of Asheville, Nc trucks. Their new Haz-Mat 2, and Eng 2, they have been posted before. I accidentially hit delete on my new camera, so I dont have the better shots. Ugh! Anyhow Went back to get this interestng piece. Their Command post a converted bus.

[Image: 001.jpg]
On my own I got E7 Pierce . Right before they tore out of the station on a call.

[Image: 002.jpg]
Then it was off to Johnathan Creek FD in Haywood County. Once again, Thanks to Andrew for pulling ALL the trucks out of the station. I shot the whole fleet. However, I know all of them have been posted by him before, but here are a couple of fave's.

Engine 23-2

[Image: 015.jpg]
Tanker 23. Bet you never have seen "Bone Head" emblazened on the side of a fire truck before.

[Image: 007.jpg]

Me neither

[Image: 006.jpg]
[quote name='MFD 61 KS' date='28 November 2009 - 06:35 PM' timestamp='1259450138' post='349686']

Is it Truck 7 from Columbia SC?

[/quote]

Dont thinks so. Here is Columbia Ladder 7 Oct 09. DCFD got this on may 09

[Image: fire1154.jpg]
[quote name='dispachrg' date='28 November 2009 - 06:32 PM' timestamp='1259449920' post='349684']

Here's a couple from recent days. This on is from Duncan Chapel in Greenvuille, SC their new ladder 1. All I know that it is a Pierce Contender 100 ft mid mount stick. I think it is used, but the dealer and where she came from I dont know. No one was around to ask when I jumped out of the truck to shoot.

[Image: fire2035.jpg]

[Image: fire2038.jpg]

[/quote]

I konw a dept by me has one similiar and it was once a demo unit, maybe the same situation here.
Finally the weather has loosened its grip on the South today. Had to go to Coulumbia and back this am. On the way back You have to take a detour because the brain trust that is the SCDOT shut down the Interstate for 8 months to pave it. So I found these gems on my detour. First is from Laurens County Station 21. Eng. 2105

[Image: IMG_0859.jpg]
laurens County Engine 2103. I'm betting that this Pierce wasnt original to the area. Due to the fact that it has a "Vigilant Engine 2 emblem on the side and it is Eng 3.

[Image: IMG_0858.jpg]
Laurens County Engine 2104. FMC Tanker. This one is a Former Roebuck, SC Truck.

[Image: IMG_0860.jpg]
The next few are frrom Laurens City FD. I knew they have moved out of their old downtown station, but had been unable to locate the new one. I was Sitting at a stop light looked down the street and found it. They were haveing a class, so I didnt disturb themfor information on the trucks. First is this Sutphen Quint. I did think the front of the cab is a bit different than most Sutphens.

[Image: IMG_0864.jpg]
Next is Laurens Eng. 2 International

[Image: IMG_0865.jpg]
Laurens city Service unit. I believe it has seen it better days.

[Image: IMG_0872.jpg]
[quote name='dispachrg' date='20 February 2010 - 12:38 AM' timestamp='1266643122' post='365081']

laurens County Engine 2103. I'm betting that this Pierce wasnt original to the area. Due to the fact that it has a "Vigilant Engine 2 emblem on the side and it is Eng 3.

[Image: IMG_0858.jpg]

[/quote]

Looks like 5-5-6 the former first out Engine For Centereach (NY) Fire Dept. Engine Co. 2. I think it was a 1990 Pierce Lance.
[quote name='dispachrg' date='20 February 2010 - 12:44 AM' timestamp='1266643483' post='365083']

The next few are frrom Laurens City FD. I knew they have moved out of their old downtown station, but had been unable to locate the new one. I was Sitting at a stop light looked down the street and found it. They were haveing a class, so I didnt disturb themfor information on the trucks. First is this Sutphen Quint. I did think the front of the cab is a bit different than most Sutphens.

[Image: IMG_0864.jpg]

[/quote]

First of all, nice shot. Nice Sutphen.

I did not know untill lately but Sutphen uses other chassis (other than Cincinatti cabs)

Pem Fab chassis are used sometimes.

I seen this style grill recently and I was also suprised.
Sutphen used this style grille on their custom tilt-cab apparatus in the early-mid 1990's. The cab on this one is not a TCM cab, it was built by Sutphen.
[quote name='GA_Dave' date='21 February 2010 - 10:08 PM' timestamp='1266806919' post='365512']

Sutphen used this style grille on their custom tilt-cab apparatus in the early-mid 1990's. The cab on this one is not a TCM cab, it was built by Sutphen.

[/quote]

Cool. I did not know they did that. Sutphens are one of my Favorites.

Are they building aluminum cabs?
Wade Hampton FD in Greenville County Just recieved this 2010 Pierce Arrow XT. Suprised that it is not a Sutphen. Their whole fleet is Sutphen. Plus the only dept I know of in the Upstate of SC that has Roto-Rays on their trucks.

[Image: 073.jpg]

[Image: 076.jpg]
Hate to see this one go, Up for sale inquire at the station Im told. Fmr Eng 6 1986 Mack/Sutphen.

[Image: 077.jpg]

[Image: 078.jpg]