Bon Air Fire co

Haverford PA (Delaware County) Station 58

1989 Ford F-700 Swab
Bon Air 1971 Bruco 1987 Ford C Rescue

Bill Schwartz photographs
Chester PA (Delaware County) Franklin 1949 Mack E type 505 Allegheny Rescue

Cochranville Fire Co Chester County Station 27

this 1968 Boyer Tanker Ford N-950 is long gone!

replaced with a Pierce custom tanker

East Lansdowne (Delaware County station 24)

1964 GMC Morysville Squad

This was sold to Clymer in 1985

[color="#FF0000"]

Bill Schwartz photographs[/color]
Collingdale Fire co #2 (Delaware County station 42)

1956 Mack B-42 Allegeny Rescue
Folcroft Fire co (Delaware County station 1)

1976 Saulsbury Ford C-8000 Rescue
Linwood PA Friendship Fire co

Delaware County station #60

1977 Pierce Dodge rescue squad

[quote name='Frank B' post='316665' date='Jun 24 2009, 21:37 ']Lebanon County Parade this past weekend (June 20th)

I spotted this unique home built hose wagon, Keystone H&L Fire Department Myerstown PA

The hose comes off like a lazy Susan, and they are conected from reel to reel (between layers)

I say, neet![/quote]

My relatives fire company in White Mills, Wayne County PA, has something like that with a capacity of 5,000 feet of five inch.
Rich Dean, Butler, New Jersey, USA

Member of Kinney Hose Co. 1, Butler Fire Dept. since 1973, Fire Police Officer since 2000

Dispatcher at Butler Police Communications from March 1975 to July 2009

Secretary of North Jersey Volunteer Firemen's Association since 1980

Member of Tri-Boro First Aid Squad (volunteer ems) since 2000 as a driver

Member of many Yahoogroups, owner of some such as:

[post="0"]FirematicEvents Yahoogroup[/post]the place to for listing and discussion of any event by a public safety organization.

[post="0"]RailfanEvents Yahoogroup[/post]

[post="0"]Railpics Yahoogroup[/post]
Glen Moore Fire Co Chester County station 48

Once in service with Glen Moore was this Car-Mar tanker

Chevy chassis
Glenolden PA Delaware County station 5

Glenolden 1954 Ford F Allegheny

Bill Schwartz photos
Glenside PA Montgomery county

Seagrave
[quote name='Frank B' post='316837' date='Jun 25 2009, 19:54 ']Glen Moore Fire Co Chester County station 48

Once in service with Glen Moore was this Car-Mar tanker

Chevy chassis[/quote]

Ohh man, this is one of my favorite tankers of all time!! I love that style of Chevy chassis whatever it is (It is a bit different than your standard C-30 chassis) and boy did that thing make noise!! It had a Detroit 6V53 motor and a 13 speed transmission... I have a bad picture of this from the Hershey Firemans Parade. Does anyone have a color picture of this? You have to love Glen Moore's colors!!!
[quote name='Rheems1' post='316887' date='Jun 25 2009, 23:14 ']Ohh man, this is one of my favorite tankers of all time!! I love that style of Chevy chassis whatever it is (It is a bit different than your standard C-30 chassis) and boy did that thing make noise!! It had a Detroit 6V53 motor and a 13 speed transmission... I have a bad picture of this from the Hershey Firemans Parade. Does anyone have a color picture of this? You have to love Glen Moore's colors!!![/quote]

Dave,

Sad ending to this rig:

1976 Chevrolet C90/Car-Mar, full cab, 1000/3000, cabinet style tandem axle pumper-tanker. It was the first unit ordered with the new paint scheme of light and dark green. The truck was nicknamed "Big Smoke". It was housed on 6/11/77. The rig was destroyed on 8/20/91 while responding to a garage fire when it went around a turn and the driver lost control of it and it rolled several times. The two firefighters on board were trapped for a while, but only slightly injured.

Bruce
Bruce W. Anderson

Historian

Southeastern PA Region
[quote name='OPEN CAB MACK' post='316774' date='Jun 25 2009, 17:25 ']Yes they do. It has Westmoreland County Station No. 117. Currently the engine is a CF Mack that was from Fox Chapel, and an in house tanker. They were posted earlier on this thread. I belonged when going to school there graduating in 1989. The engine when I was there was a 1957 American LaFrance 800 series.[/quote]

Thanks for the info! Since this thread is about 238 pages long, any chance you could repost the photos from St. Vincent if you were the one who posted them? I'd really love to look through all the photos for them but don't have the time! I've got an avid interest in college/university fire depts., I graduated from Rutgers University and we used to have a fire dept. with 2 engines but it was disbanded about 10 years ago (that's a very long story). Stay safe!
[quote name='Frank B' post='316799' date='Jun 25 2009, 18:24 ']Collingdale Fire co #2 (Delaware County station 42)

1956 Mack B-42 Allegeny Rescue[/quote]

This Mack B-42 is alive and well living in Conn !
Green Ridge 1979 Ford L-900 Saulsbury x 90 Southern Chester Co Delaware County station #63

Highland Park (Upper Darby Twp) 1957 GMC rescue Bruco?? Delaware County station #26 (Upper Darby Station #2)
Lenni Heights 1954 Boyertown Reo Civil Defence Unit

Delaware County Station #54

(these PA photos are from Bill Schwartz)
Lester now merged with Essington. Delaware County station #25

Lester 1955-1958 GMC Approved Approved Rescue