Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
St. Louis Metro
Riverview FPD Engine 4920

Attached Files Image(s)

Berkeley FD Pumper 3620

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice shots Matt! very clear, nice color. I noticed the pattonville pumper has a step above the intakes and a top/side pump panel? this seems unique. keep up the good work!
Metro North FPD 4610

E\-One Pumper

Attached Files Image(s)

Clayton FD 3214

2006 KME Rescue Pumper

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='STLFire2494' post='317668' date='Jun 29 2009, 12:33 ']My Engine House @ Kennerly and Whittier..... E-10, using reserve LTI 106..... Our Smeal was involved in a serious crash several months ago. Were waiting on either a hand me down pumper from another house or a brand new truck. CFD has 6 new pumpers in his 2010 budget.[/quote]

Matt, Those 6-rigs budgeted are they going to be "straight-up" Pumpers ? (not the quints)
[quote name='R1SmokeEater' post='317679' date='Jun 29 2009, 12:12 ']Matt, Those 6-rigs budgeted are they going to be "straight-up" Pumpers ? (not the quints)[/quote]

Correct. If memory serves me correctly, CFD's plan is for all 6 districts to have 3 pumpers, 2 quints, and a hook and ladder. And to have a different replacement plan, so we are not buying 30+ apparatus everytime.
Community FPD 3830

Sutphen Pumper

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='STLFire2494' post='317681' date='Jun 29 2009, 13:21 ']Correct. If memory serves me correctly, CFD's plan is for all 6 districts to have 3 pumpers, 2 quints, and a hook and ladder. And to have a different replacement plan, so we are not buying 30+ apparatus everytime.[/quote]

Nice ! Thanx for the info !!
[quote name='Ben' post='317676' date='Jun 29 2009, 12:01 ']Nice shots Matt! very clear, nice color. I noticed the pattonville pumper has a step above the intakes and a top/side pump panel? this seems unique. keep up the good work![/quote]

The look is called the "Command View". Its not the normal style pump panel and its not truly a top mount.
[quote name='STLFire2494' post='317681' date='Jun 29 2009, 12:21 ']Correct. If memory serves me correctly, CFD's plan is for all 6 districts to have 3 pumpers, 2 quints, and a hook and ladder. And to have a different replacement plan, so we are not buying 30+ apparatus everytime.[/quote]

Matt thanks for the post. I will let you and Ben know when I am in town next. Great to hear that Pumps are returning. Will they have Federal Q Sirens? Why two Quints will they all be Pumps eventully? Stay Safe, Rick
Member: F.O.O.L.S of OZ, IAFF L2542

www.kansasfiretrucks.com

Rick Mosher
Olathe, Kansas Fire Department
Engine Co. 4
Metro Kansas City, Missouri
[quote name='MFD 61 KS' post='317691' date='Jun 29 2009, 13:08 ']Matt thanks for the post. I will let you and Ben know when I am in town next. Great to hear that Pumps are returning. Will they have Federal Q Sirens? Why two Quints will they all be Pumps eventully? Stay Safe, Rick[/quote]

I would love for them to have the federal Q. But that is unknown. They have the Q on the E\-One but it's never used. A captain said its too much work to hold the pedal down. 2 new black over red h&l's should be here in the next 30-60 days. And as for the quints, thats up to CFD. But he said, every district will have 3 engines, 2 quints and a hook and ladder. The SOP's are being finished for whenever the new equipment has arrived. It will be awhile before that goes into effect anyhow.

Let me know when you roll in. Im up at the 10s on the noth side. Shooting and fire season is in full swing up there.
I dont if I will like the change of StLFD to black/red. Solid red just looks right. We'll have to wait and see.

Here are a few truck pictures from a house fire. I didnt get enough good pics to post due to the rain, but here are some rigs. House fire just past midnight 7-5-2009 on Gano Ave & Van Phul.

Not sure which pumper was running the 4's old rig.

Pumper 5 and reserve with a little fire showing through the roof. As you can tell, it wasnt fun battling the rain.

[quote name='SLCPDEXPLORER' post='319150' date='Jul 5 2009, 13:11 ']I dont if I will like the change of StLFD to black/red. Solid red just looks right. We'll have to wait and see.

Here are a few truck pictures from a house fire. I didnt get enough good pics to post due to the rain, but here are some rigs. House fire just past midnight 7-5-2009 on Gano Ave & Van Phul.

Not sure which pumper was running the 4's old rig.

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=53033][/quote]

The 8's are using it.
Ok i am Just wondering How many Quint St Louis Has For engine co's and also Are they Able to work as a Truck Co if they arrive in a specific order or needed. sorry if this is alreay posted somewhere in here i have not read the entire post just the first couple pages. thanks
[quote name='grubber33270' post='319328' date='Jul 6 2009, 03:32 ']Ok i am Just wondering How many Quint St Louis Has For engine co's and also Are they Able to work as a Truck Co if they arrive in a specific order or needed. sorry if this is alreay posted somewhere in here i have not read the entire post just the first couple pages. thanks[/quote]

Yes the engines or "Pumpers" as we call them... All of our 30 front line apparatus are 75ft smeals and our hook and ladders are 2x 125ft smeal rear mount, 1x Smeal 100' Platform and 1x 105' E\-One platform.

we also have a 110' 1989 spartan/monarch rear mount in lime(pictured below) that runs for the airport or in the place of the E\-One Platform. 2 heavy rescues, 6 battalion chiefs, and 1 deputy chief. Also, on order are 2x smeal 125" Rearmounts. Pumpers have been discussed....actual pumpers with no ladders.... and changing our color scheme to black over red...

Now on the Arriving order of apparatus:

1st Due: Suppression

2nd Due: Truck(rescue & ventilation)

3rd Due: Backup water supply

4th Due: Usually if the H&L arrives before the 3rd due they will still do 4th due work which is roof vent.

Even though our ladders could do 3rd due work and pump. All Quints!!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ben thats a great picture of H&L 40. I think it is now housed at the 2's. Its always in there. While on my rides with Medic 2 and H&L6 has been inservice, the lime rig has been parked directly behind.
Ferguson FD 3025

109 Ft. 2008 Rosenbauer Viper Ladder

Attached Files Image(s)

Rear view of Ferguson FD 3025

Attached Files Image(s)