Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New York State
[quote name='csff25' post='318990' date='Jul 4 2009, 13:57 ']I am not sure why they call the fire department in Pulaski is called Ringold, There are three departments in Oswego County that go by similar names instead of the villages they protect.

Ringold is Pulaski

Enterprise is Phoenix

Defiance is Altmar

I have been told the story about Enterprise/Phoenix, although it has been a while, it had something to do with keeping the department and village separate so the village wouldn't get sued for something the department may do or for that matter didn't do. I suspect the stories for the other two village departments are similar. Phoenix is now independent from the village but the other two are still "village departments to the best of my knowledge. Hope this helps, or it may add to the confusion.

tim/csff25[/quote]

Thanks for the info Tim, it definitely makes sense, and is probaly the story behind the other 2 dept's as well. I just never thought of it that way before. Thanks again Tim. I am still planning on making your parade next week if all goes well, depending on what bI hear from my Dr this coming wek on Wed, as right now I'm laid up with a broken ankle/foot, and may have to have surgery on my foot/leg depending on how much damage there is to it, which we'll be finding out this coming Wed. If I do make it up, I'll be running around via a wheelchair, and will have camera in hand for pics though, and I am really hoping I can get there, as I need to get out of the house.
Lebanon Valley,Ny

2998 FLM2/Toyne

500/2000 4x4

Ron Bogardus photo

Attached Files Image(s)

Hillburn,Ny

2008 Pierce/Velocity

15100/750

Ron Bogardus photo

Attached Files Image(s)

Was the Bloomington Pierce rescue bought new????? It sure looks an awful lot like the one Fairview Twp. in York County, PA. sold last year, except it was White/Yellow. Anybody know for sure??
[quote name='Shoop' post='319853' date='Jul 8 2009, 20:58 ']Was the Bloomington Pierce rescue bought new????? It sure looks an awful lot like the one Fairview Twp. in York County, PA. sold last year, except it was White/Yellow. Anybody know for sure??[/quote]

I know for sure that it was bought used, however I don't know where it was from. It was placed in service within the last year or so as they were running an old Hahn rescue up until this showed up.
[quote name='Shoop' post='319853' date='Jul 8 2009, 20:58 ']Was the Bloomington Pierce rescue bought new????? It sure looks an awful lot like the one Fairview Twp. in York County, PA. sold last year, except it was White/Yellow. Anybody know for sure??[/quote]

I think its a dead giveaway with the R68 on the bumper!
Oakhill-Durham,Ny

2009 Int'l/KME

1250/1000

Ron Bogardus photo

Attached Files Image(s)

Greenfield,NY

2008 KME

102'

1500/300

Ron Bogardus photo

Attached Files Image(s)

Schoharie,Ny