Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
once again Fdny fire houses
[quote name='Fireman5230' post='293645' date='Mar 30 2009, 16:41 ']Think that AVATION #3 in the Bronx is missing from the less...[/quote]

Aviation is no more. Run into the ground by their officers.
[quote name='NJMedic' post='293711' date='Mar 30 2009, 23:13 ']Aviation is no more. Run into the ground by their officers.[/quote]

And then there are 9...
[Image: PICT7439.jpg]

E-229's Old Firehouse Located at 246 Frost St.
[Image: PICT7460.jpg]

E-215(Disbanded) Old Firehouse 88 India St.
[Image: PICT7447.jpg]

L-106's Old Firehouse located at 124 Greenpoint Ave.
Nice job Gene!!! Love seeing the old houses!!!!
The only MARC in 46 ENGINE!

NEVER FORGET 9-11-01 F.D.N.Y. 343

RIP FF John Bellew 27 Truck F.D.N.Y. 1-23-05

RIP Captain Frank Keane 46 Engine F.D.N.Y 12-11-06
[quote name='Crossbronxxpress' post='322236' date='Jul 18 2009, 14:58 ']Nice job Gene!!! Love seeing the old houses!!!![/quote]

All from my neighborhood. I'm 2 blocks from 238's old house, but every time I go there with my camera someone is parked in front.
fdny rescue 3 still under construction

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

another view

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[quote name='anesti' post='325789' date='Aug 1 2009, 12:33 ']fdny rescue 3 still under construction[/quote]

I have a couple questions . 1. Does the right side of the building slant like that or are my eyes bad ? 2. How long have they been building this house for ? thanks in advance
[quote name='Nozzleman71' post='325829' date='Aug 1 2009, 18:45 ']I have a couple questions . 1. Does the right side of the building slant like that or are my eyes bad ? 2. How long have they been building this house for ? thanks in advance[/quote]

maybe it was just my photo i took it in a hurry!!! Question 2 Id say about a year and a half..
The building design is actually slanted. If you follow the glass windows from the right to the left you can see the top row gets smaller.. What happned to the old style brick??
Not for nothing....but...that place looks ugly. I'm sure(hopeful) it'll be functional and such, but yea, ugly.
thats because the people running the city are insane...
As much as I complain about how beat up the inside of some of my city's old firehouses. At least they don't look like this on the outside. Did they ask the guys for ANY input during the design phase? You can make a building look traditional without adding to the cost.
Jay Strunk

Lowell Fire Dept.

Captain: Engine Co. 6

Author: Images of America: Lowell Firefighting
[quote name='FDNYTRUCKS.com' post='325939' date='Aug 2 2009, 00:24 ']thats because the people running the city are insane...[/quote]

That's an understatement!!!!! And yes, the building is UGLY as hell!!!!
The only MARC in 46 ENGINE!

NEVER FORGET 9-11-01 F.D.N.Y. 343

RIP FF John Bellew 27 Truck F.D.N.Y. 1-23-05

RIP Captain Frank Keane 46 Engine F.D.N.Y 12-11-06
The Red doors are the only thing that look anything close to an Engine house !!
[quote name='Crossbronxxpress' post='326326' date='Aug 2 2009, 18:01 ']That's an understatement!!!!! And yes, the building is UGLY as hell!!!![/quote]

All the new Firehouses are ! No character !!
It looks more like a a health clinic than a firehouse!!!
Question about R1 quaters; are both R1 and the collapse rescue1(mack/ferrara) kept in the same quaters it looks kind of tight to fit in the same station.