Air Ambulances
Backing in to get the crew at Yarmouth Airport

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Stephen Taylor

Retired Volunteer Firefighter
Retired Career Fire Dispatcher
Yarmouth Fire Department
Yarmouth, N.S. Canada
Trauma One based out of Baptist Hospital in Jacksonville FL. Landing in Eagle Harbor for a training event with Clay County Fire Rescue for safety awareness training on the EC-135 type helicopter.

Trauma One based out of Baptist Hospital in Jacksonville FL. Landing in Eagle Harbor for a training event with Clay County Fire Rescue for safety awareness training on the EC-135 type helicopter.

Trauma One departing after the training event

Trauma One departing after the training event

[quote name='rontroutsa' post='327311' date='Aug 5 2009, 23:13 ']All the Photos were taking at the Chop Helicopter Pad and there were no Pt's on the Helicopters when they were taking.

And if anybody can provide more info on the Helicopters i posted please fell free to post.[/quote]

University MedEvac was a joint operation with Lehigh Valley Hospital where they operated MedEvac - and HU in Philly. The merger was back in 1988 I think. As they grew, MedEvac 1, stayed based at LVH and 2 was at HU then some adding of remote locations took place, extra Helicopters added and new one bought. At one point there was 5. Last I spoke to Flight crew was in 2007. The ship you have with the N911LV WAS MedEvac 1 a S-76A++ model from KEYSTONE HELICOPTERS.

The way the 2 hospitals operated was like this...

LVH was base for - ME 1, 2, 4

HU was Base for -ME 3, 5.

Some changes have taken place recently and a new Air Medical Provide was signed on with LVH. Operated by Air Methods the new ships for LVH are all EC-135's. It appears that HU or who ever has the Medical Control for the Philly ships is still signed with KEYSTONE HELICOPTERS as the 2 back up ships are BK-117's that were SPARES they had. The S-76's models I understood were bought by LVH and maintentained by Keystone.

I tried to keep a photo history of all the ships University MedEvac used. Going back to the 2nd helicopter LVH flew in the early 1980's. The 1st crashed killing the crew and patient.

IRONIC note... after the change over to Air Methods... they also had a crash sending the Flt Crew to the trauma center - No Deaths this time.

Here is a shot of MedEvac 1 - a MBB Bo-105 CBS used in the early 1980's. I shot this during a safety class given 4-20-86 at Hunterdon Medical Center, Flemington, NJ.

Attached Files Image(s)

Also at somepoint MedEvac 5 was stationed in South Jersey. Just a few years back the Program (31st in the USA) hit the 25 year Mark...

Attached Files Image(s)

Lifeline 1 out of Clarian Methodist Hospital - Indianapolis, IN

LL1 is shown arriving to assist the Shelbyville FD after a serious MVA

Lifeline currently operates 4 helos around the state.

Attached Files Image(s)

Lifeline 1 sky shot

Attached Files Image(s)

Lifeline 4 has moved around to a few different bases. At this time I believe it was out of Greensburg, IN.

Attached Files Image(s)

PHI Air Evac also flies 4 helos from different bases around the state. Here's a couple shot at the VA Medical Center's airpad in Indianapolis. The "Dove Flight" name shows their contract affiliation with St. Vincent Hospitals based in Indianapolis. They compete with Clarian Methodist-based Lifeline.

Attached Files Image(s)

PHI Dove Flight 2 at the VA

Attached Files Image(s)

Life Flight based out of St. Mary's Hospital in Evansville, IN (sorry about the fence - they can't always be flying!)

Attached Files Image(s)

Parkview Samaritan 1 departing with a intra-hospital transport from Marion General to Parkview Hospital Fort Wayne, IN

Attached Files Image(s)

» STAT MedEvac 1 (Washington County, PA)

155 Wilson Avenue

Washington, PA 15301

» STAT MedEvac 2 (Westmoreland County, PA)

131 Depot Street

Greensburg, PA 15601

» STAT MedEvac 3 (Butler County, PA)

1 St. Francis Way

Cranberry, PA 16066

» STAT MedEvac 4 (Allegheny County, PA)

10 Allegheny County Airport

West Mifflin, PA 15122

» STAT MedEvac 5 (Fayette County, PA)

11-A Airport Road

Lemont Furnace, PA 15456

» STAT MedEvac 6 (Clarion County, PA)

Clarion Hospital

One Hospital Drive

Clarion, PA 16214

» STAT MedEvac 7 (Mercer County, PA)

Horizon Hospital System

103 North Main Street

Greenville, PA 16125

» STAT MedEvac 8 (Mercer County, PA)

40 Oakley Kelley Drive

Mercer, PA 16137

» STAT MedEvac 9 (Clearfield County, PA)

815 Airport Road

Clearfield, PA 16830

» STAT MedEvac 10 (Baltimore, MD)

1800 S. Clinton Street

Baltimore, MD 21224

» STAT MedEvac 11 (Blair County, PA)

Altoona Hospital

620 Howard Avenue

Altoona, PA 16601

» STAT MedEvac 12 (Hagerstown, MD)

18539 Hensen Blvd.

Hagerstown, MD 21742

» STAT MedEvac 13 (York County, PA)

6054 Lincoln Highway West

Thomasville, PA 17364

» STAT MedEvac 14 (Mahoning County, OH)

Younstown Elser Metro Airport

Hangar #2

10800 Sharrot Road

North Lima, OH 44452

» STAT MedEvac 15 (Jefferson County, OH)

500 Airpark Road

Wintersville, OH 43953

» STAT MedEvac 16 (Armstrong County, PA)

Armstrong County Memorial Hospital

109 Nolte Drive

Kittanning, PA 16201

» STAT MedEvac 18 (Washington D.C.)

111 Michigan Avenue, N.W.

Washington, D.C. 20010-2970

Assistant Chief <br/>Adam Ebersole
Lampeter Fire Company
Engine Company 54
[quote name='Fireman5230' post='331651' date='Aug 24 2009, 00:37 ']University MedEvac was a joint operation with Lehigh Valley Hospital where they operated MedEvac - and HU in Philly. The merger was back in 1988 I think. As they grew, MedEvac 1, stayed based at LVH and 2 was at HU then some adding of remote locations took place, extra Helicopters added and new one bought. At one point there was 5. Last I spoke to Flight crew was in 2007. The ship you have with the N911LV WAS MedEvac 1 a S-76A++ model from KEYSTONE HELICOPTERS.

The way the 2 hospitals operated was like this...

LVH was base for - ME 1, 2, 4

HU was Base for -ME 3, 5.

Some changes have taken place recently and a new Air Medical Provide was signed on with LVH. Operated by Air Methods the new ships for LVH are all EC-135's. It appears that HU or who ever has the Medical Control for the Philly ships is still signed with KEYSTONE HELICOPTERS as the 2 back up ships are BK-117's that were SPARES they had. The S-76's models I understood were bought by LVH and maintentained by Keystone.

I tried to keep a photo history of all the ships University MedEvac used. Going back to the 2nd helicopter LVH flew in the early 1980's. The 1st crashed killing the crew and patient.

IRONIC note... after the change over to Air Methods... they also had a crash sending the Flt Crew to the trauma center - No Deaths this time.

Here is a shot of MedEvac 1 - a MBB Bo-105 CBS used in the early 1980's. I shot this during a safety class given 4-20-86 at Hunterdon Medical Center, Flemington, NJ.[/quote]

Lehight Valley MedEvac is now MedEvac's 1-2-4-7

1 is at Kutztown Ariport Pa

2 is at Pocono Airport Pa

4 is close to Hazelton Pa

7 is at Pottsville, Muzzuca Heliport Pa

MidAtlantic MedEvac (Hahnemann University Hospital) is Medevac's 3-5-6

3 is at Pottstown - Limerick Airport Pa

6 is at Pottstown - Limerick Airport Pa

5 is at Hammonton Municipal Airport NJ

Assistant Chief <br/>Adam Ebersole
Lampeter Fire Company
Engine Company 54
New Acadian Ambulance Air Med 1 out of Laffayete La.

EC135P2+ went in service last month. Nice change from the BO105s we've been flying for years.

Attached Files Image(s)

Lehigh Valley Hospital over Pocono Raceway during the NASCAR race

i'm REALLY surprised they didn't have to fly Elliot Sadler out after his wreck!!
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13 (KJV)
[quote name='tntway' date='02 August 2010 - 06:08 PM' timestamp='1280785685' post='395846']

i'm REALLY surprised they didn't have to fly Elliot Sadler out after his wreck!!

[/quote]

I think everyone was surprised. It happened on the far side of the track (turn 2) so we only saw the smoke, and then on the screens. The car was really battered when they brought it in on a flatbed.