Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Relics
I took these pics back in July of 2005. The tow truck driver was just hooking the TL to the tow truck when i shot these pics. This Tower Ladder and a few old Yonkers Mack CF Engines had been sitting in a rear lot of the Yonkers Raceway. The engines were already gone by this point. The tow truck driver said that he was towing the TL to a scrap yard in Newark, NJ. No clue whatever happened to this old rig.

The only MARC in 46 ENGINE!

NEVER FORGET 9-11-01 F.D.N.Y. 343

RIP FF John Bellew 27 Truck F.D.N.Y. 1-23-05

RIP Captain Frank Keane 46 Engine F.D.N.Y 12-11-06
Thats really really really depressing... i feel like crying now...
Quote:Sutphens 3rd ladder ever built

Not sure where you got that information, but I highly doubt it, unless they remounted it on a newer chassis. GMC didn't begin using that style cab until 1967. By 1967, Sutphen had produced no less than 12 towers.
I dunno thats what our tour guide said, unless i goofed and uploaded the wrong picture. Sorry
"I took these pics back in July of 2005. The tow truck driver was just hooking the TL to the tow truck when i shot these pics. This Tower Ladder and a few old Yonkers Mack CF Engines had been sitting in a rear lot of the Yonkers Raceway. The engines were already gone by this point. The tow truck driver said that he was towing the TL to a scrap yard in Newark, NJ. No clue whatever happened to this old rig."

-This was our old TL-71, a 1985 Mack CF/Aerialscope. Was a workhorse (caught alot of work), and I caught some jobs on it !! It was replaced with a 1999 ALF Tower (which will be replaced with a 2007/8 ALF Tower)
[quote name='Felixthecat' post='66731' date='Jan 11 2007, 21:01 ']More at sutphen[/quote]

1972 sutphen 85ft tower ladder two in service till 1999 PORT CHESTER NEW YORK fire dept harry howard hook & ladder no 1. this truck saved five jumpers from the captiol hotel fire top floor with the salesmen at the controls. truck was in town only a few hours. that is a picture of harry howard on the front. the 1999 that was its replacement was made into a code 3 model back in 1999. I had a lot of work in that bucket. we were told that is was cut up for parts,that what makes this board so good because somebody is going to find that old rig that you were looking for.
Found on the side of US 411 in Etowah, TN. Not sure what the thing is on the roof. Old electronic siren?

Attached Files Image(s)

Quote:Found on the side of US 411 in Etowah, TN. Not sure what the thing is on the roof. Old electronic siren?

Are you sure that it's on the rig? Looks like something attached to the building in the background. That's an early 1950's International L-Series chassis, but there's not enough visible to make out the body. Maybe a 750 GPM pump.
[quote name='GA_Dave' post='67026' date='Jan 12 2007, 23:45 ']Are you sure that it's on the rig? Looks like something attached to the building in the background. That's an early 1950's International L-Series chassis, but there's not enough visible to make out the body. Maybe a 750 GPM pump.[/quote]

Yup, it's on the roof of the ol' gal. I had to do a double take and stop to make sure. No placs of name brands on the body.
Saw this when I went to pick up calenders at VSI in Lexington KY. Sorry they arent the best photos, rig wouldn't start and theres construction equipment everywhere.

Montauk's (NY) 1985 Pierce Arrow, serial #7724W. Likely will end up in pieces if they don't get a buyer soon..

[Image: 100_3216.jpg]

[Image: 100_3210.jpg]

[Image: 100_3209.jpg]
[quote name='squad546' post='68732' date='Jan 18 2007, 14:52 ']Saw this when I went to pick up calenders at VSI in Lexington KY. Sorry they arent the best photos, rig wouldn't start and theres construction equipment everywhere.

Montauk's (NY) 1985 Pierce Arrow, serial #7724W. Likely will end up in pieces if they don't get a buyer soon..

[Image: 100_3209.jpg][/quote]

Do you know what they are asking and who is selling this rig. Why wouldn't it start? What condition is it in?

J
[quote name='squad546' post='68732' date='Jan 18 2007, 14:52 ']Saw this when I went to pick up calenders at VSI in Lexington KY. Sorry they arent the best photos, rig wouldn't start and theres construction equipment everywhere.

[Image: 100_3209.jpg][/quote]

Do you know what they are asking and who is selling this rig. Why wouldn't it start? What condition is it in?

J
The batteries were dead. No one around could tell me a price, they didn't want to guess wrong then get the boss angry. It's in pretty good shape I think, hardly any rust and they said it has a good engine(which is what might get ripped out of it). The place selling it is Vehicle Sysytems Inc. in Lexington KY.
Wow, I know a lot of departments that could use that Montauk truck as their first out piece.
John Kenealy

[url="http://www.cnyfiretrucks.com"]CNYFiretrucks.com: Over 5200 photos of apparatus from over 1000 New York State Departments![/url]

[Image: IMAG0400.jpg] New York
No disrespect, but Montauk is a very slow dept. VERY rural, except for the summer season. It is the last town on the South fork of Long Island. Almost a 2 1/2 hour ride from NYC.

Except for the salt air, that rig should almost be pristine.

FYI, they throw a helluva st pattys day parade.

Stay safe, Brothers.
Kill 'em all, let Allah sort 'em out. NEVER forget 9/11/01 WTC, Pentagon, Pa. Avenge the acts with NO mercy.

Thanks to ALL the Brothers who were there 9/11/01 and afterwards. Words can never say what appreciation we have for you all.
Its a shame to see that Pierce sitting there. Hopefully somebody can afford to put it back in use! I've seen multiple FD's in this area that could use that rig first out. One local FD is still running a 1969 Ford/WLF first out.

I found this old gal sitting on the side of Highway 19 at Steve's Cycle Center. It last served Saunook-Balsam (they were once combined, now Saunook & Balsam-Willetts-Ochre Hill are seperate FD's) Fire Dept. here in Haywood County. I couldn't find a year model, but somebody guessed late 30's or early 40's? It's a Dodge and served a local apple orchard before the owner donated it to Saunook-Balsam as their first tanker. What a rig!

Saunook-Balsam (NC) Fire Dept. "Ex-1402"

19?? Dodge/Local

???gal

Andrew C. Messer

Haywood County, NC

FM1/1823

Visit My Photo Website! WNC Fire Pics

Proverbs 3:5-6

These three shots of what appears to be a Series 600 American LaFrance Pumper, maybe a 1940's built rig, sitting in Hickory, NC a few years back passing time away.

The location of this town is: Mill Creek, NC which is in Carteret County, NC

John Hinant
Retired Member of Richmond VA Fire Bureau

October 25, 1858 - October 25, 2020 = 162 years old
The sixth oldest paid, documented, Fire Department in the United States
First established in 1782

"In God We Trust - All Others We Take For Granted"
Andy,

I know that Dodge used that cab style well after WWII. My Department had a 46 Dadgo Sanford. My Grandfather was Chief when it was bought, he also had the Dodge dealership in town at that time! I am not sure when thay redesigned their truck lines but most were Car Co's redesign their trucks by 47 or 48!

In the case of our old Dodge, I am on the hunt for it! John, (CNYfiretrucks ) shot it 4 or 5 years ago, outside of Onieda New York. I went for a ride a couple of weeks ago and it is not there any more, so the hunt continues.

Good find,

tim/csff25
A International- maybe a Barton American Pumper sitting near the series 600 AmLaF in Hickory, NC. passing the time way.

John Hinant
Retired Member of Richmond VA Fire Bureau

October 25, 1858 - October 25, 2020 = 162 years old
The sixth oldest paid, documented, Fire Department in the United States
First established in 1782

"In God We Trust - All Others We Take For Granted"
I found this hulk behind a barbed wire fence on a festival grounds along US 301 south of Zephyrhills FL yesterday. It is a

1955 (?) FWD, perhaps an ex-FDNY rig. FLJack.

Attached Files Image(s)