Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Relics
I found this old ladder in Graham, NC just off Interstate 85.

American LaFrance # 9389

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

This skeleton of a rig was found in Penndel, Pa. Could not find any serial number, mfgrs plate or pump plate. The only markings on it were "Rockledge, PA.

[Image: 101_6311.jpg]
[quote name='bcfd424' post='331848' date='Aug 24 2009, 20:34 ']I found this old ladder in Graham, NC just off Interstate 85.

American LaFrance # 9389[/quote]

I believe the combination of Century cab and screw outriggers would indicate a refurb. Our 67 900 series had hydraulics, although they may have been an option. Were any Centuries built with the old manual jacks?
[quote name='bcfd424' post='331848' date='Aug 24 2009, 20:34 ']I found this old ladder in Graham, NC just off Interstate 85.

American LaFrance # 9389[/quote]

This truck served as Graham Truck 1 and also served Burlington before that. Not sure on the year, but the serial # would put it being around a 1984-1985 model.
Micah Bodford
Fire Investigator
City of Winston-Salem Fire Dept.
[quote name='IrishTruckie' post='331849' date='Aug 24 2009, 20:35 ']This skeleton of a rig was found in Penndel, Pa. Could not find any serial number, mfgrs plate or pump plate. The only markings on it were "Rockledge, PA.

[Image: 101_6311.jpg][/quote]

That was a Maxim that was original to Elkins Park Pa. Then it was sold to a company upstate. Bill Foxall from Rockledge bought it then used it for a while. My grandftather bought it off him and too kthe engine out to put in his 54 Maxim from Westville NJ, but he never made the swap, he sold the 54 and motor to a guy from Westville. From my grandfather, it went to Bristol so a friend could use the tires, but that never happened. Now Sam Simon has it, dont know what hes going to do with it.
no... this is an older truck. the highest verified ALF serial number (after they went over 10K in the 1966 and started over again at 0001) was 8223, a 1985 ALF from West Sedona, Arizona.

This rig is registration # 9383, not 9389. it is a 1954 and had a mid 80's ALF rehab when the century cab was installed.

1954 9383 9383 Burlington, North Carolina NC 85' Midmount Aerial 7-85-AEO American La France On Ebay 6/06 1980's ALF Rehab/Century Cab Sold:Graham, NC

Burlington also had a 1958 800 series pumpr that ALF redid in 1985, also with a new century cab

[quote name='BFD1151' post='331857' date='Aug 24 2009, 20:59 ']This truck served as Graham Truck 1 and also served Burlington before that. Not sure on the year, but the serial # would put it being around a 1984-1985 model.[/quote]
Oh, no wonder I couldn't find it around 1985 or so in the 1970-1990 ALF database . Thanks for the corrected info Mike!
Micah Bodford
Fire Investigator
City of Winston-Salem Fire Dept.
I found this sitting at a auto dealer in Currituck County, NC. I feel like I have seen this before.

Looked all over this truck and found nothing to indicate the year. The pump panel has ALF s/n 12-1-624.

Can anyone provide info on this truck?

Thanks,

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA
[quote name='mnsand' post='331892' date='Aug 24 2009, 21:50 ']I found this sitting at a auto dealer in Currituck County, NC. I feel like I have seen this before.

Looked all over this truck and found nothing to indicate the year. The pump panel has ALF s/n 12-1-624.

Thanks,

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA[/quote]

It was on Ebay a year or two ago.
The only MARC in 46 ENGINE!

NEVER FORGET 9-11-01 F.D.N.Y. 343

RIP FF John Bellew 27 Truck F.D.N.Y. 1-23-05

RIP Captain Frank Keane 46 Engine F.D.N.Y 12-11-06
its a late 66 early 67.
1948 Maxim labeled for the Kilpoola Fire District in Bainbridge Island, Washington. Found at the OK Car Corral in Osoyoos, BC. Listed as for sale for $4,000. Contact phone number is 250-485-2900.

Attached Files Image(s)

Found these 1960s FWD-Farrar brushbreakers sitting in a surplus state vehicle lot at Westboro State Hospital. Someone already scavenged all the logos and nameplates off them.

Breaker 19 was also numbered Breaker 25

Breaker 19/25

As an added bonus, there was also a late model Maxim sitting beside the breakers - former Engine 3 from the state firefighting academy...

[quote name='mnsand' post='331892' date='Aug 24 2009, 21:50 ']I found this sitting at a auto dealer in Currituck County, NC. I feel like I have seen this before.

Thanks,

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA[/quote]

Mike and all, this is a 1967 and its for sale. It is at Kill Devil Hills, NC.

I have the lady's e mail address if anyone is interested. A PM will get the address.

Herewith is the info on this ride:

"Great Deal on a 1967 American LaFrance Pumper Firetruck!!! MUST SELL..Only asking $6,000.00.

Please help...Moving and must sell!!

1967 American LaFrance Pumper Firetruck. Shipping weight is 17,812. Gross weight on registration is 22,000. 671N Detroit diesel engine. Model is Metropolitan. American LaFrance twin flow pump. All paperwork and manuals on the firetruck are included. Discharge hoses as in the picture are also included. Tires are in good condition. We drove the firetruck from NY to North Carolina. 671 Diesel Engine has been worked on and is running great! The following work was done: Replaced Motor Head, 3 pistons, sleeves and rings. New belts and hoses. Fixed lines and radiator. New brackets and lines on the pump. Complete service and tune-up. Most parts were purchased from Western Branch Diesel and we have receipts. We were starting a pressure washing business with this truck and due to an illness we are unable to continue with our plans. We are now having to moving and will be unable to take the firetruck with us. This is a great Business Opportunity too! The firetruck was painted baby blue and black water drops were added. Also a mascot, H2Otis is on the firetruck in several places. If you wanted to paint it back to red there should not be a lot of body work to do. The inside of the cab has not been repainted. It is still red with the original seats and radios attached. Lights and sirens work. The name and all the paperwork I have aquired to do this business will be included if you want to start your own. A Clear Title is Available. Being a 1967, this would be a great addition to any collection."

Here are three photos she sent to me.

John Hinant
Retired Member of Richmond VA Fire Bureau

October 25, 1858 - October 25, 2020 = 162 years old
The sixth oldest paid, documented, Fire Department in the United States
First established in 1782

"In God We Trust - All Others We Take For Granted"
Two old pumpers once operated by the Richmond, VA Fire Department.

Taps have been sounded for these wonderful old Mack’s, left dying in a field!

Tom Herman photographer

My collection

1944 505S - 2031 500 gpm Engine 16

1948 85LS1265 750 gpm Engine 18

Rest in peace.
John Hinant
Retired Member of Richmond VA Fire Bureau

October 25, 1858 - October 25, 2020 = 162 years old
The sixth oldest paid, documented, Fire Department in the United States
First established in 1782

"In God We Trust - All Others We Take For Granted"
Concord, NH Former Engine 4 it also served with a few other towns after leaving.

I believe this is a 1947 Mack

Model # is 85 LS 1066

-Eric Fellows

[url="http://www.ericsfirepics.com"]Eric's Fire Pics[/url]
Here's is a ladder that was found in Greenfield, NH only things I could get off this truck was it was an International.

-Eric Fellows

Found Nashua, NH's former CFR 1 a 1982 Oshkosh M-1000 off of Route 1 near Rt 495.

-Eric Fellows