Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Relics
[quote name='bige1998' post='334860' date='Sep 7 2009, 16:19 ']Here's is a ladder that was found in Greenfield, NH only things I could get off this truck was it was an International.[/quote]

It looks like an ALF aerial, could this be the former Medford MA. aerial. Firehouse magazine did a profile on recycled rigs from Medford MA. I think the cab is a 1968 mounted onto a 500-600 series aerial. Just my guess.
[quote name='bige1998' post='334867' date='Sep 7 2009, 16:43 ']Found Nashua, NH's former CFR 1 a 1982 Oshkosh M-1000 off of Route 1 near Rt 495.

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=57068][/quote]

I have checked the inside of the rig, since its near me in Plainville MA. Lot of paper work for a USMC air station. I couldn't find any location info. Thought it was a bit strange, looks like we have a mystry on our hands!!!!
[quote name='firetrucknut' post='334978' date='Sep 7 2009, 20:48 ']It looks like an ALF aerial, could this be the former Medford MA. aerial. Firehouse magazine did a profile on recycled rigs from Medford MA. I think the cab is a 1968 mounted onto a 500-600 series aerial. Just my guess.[/quote]

I agree with the ALF ladder, and it looks to be older than the chassis, as well. If the IH R-200 model was grafted onto an ALF 500-600 series frame, this is one clean job!

With Dayton (spoked) rims, it looks more like the entire chassis is IH. Most of the 500-600 ALFs I have seen pix of came with Budd (slotted disc) rims. Also, Daytons were very popular in the East, back then. Just my .02.
[quote name='bige1998' post='334860' date='Sep 7 2009, 16:19 ']Here's is a ladder that was found in Greenfield, NH only things I could get off this truck was it was an International.[/quote]

Anyone else notice the Mack Bulldog on the front of this rig?
The only MARC in 46 ENGINE!

NEVER FORGET 9-11-01 F.D.N.Y. 343

RIP FF John Bellew 27 Truck F.D.N.Y. 1-23-05

RIP Captain Frank Keane 46 Engine F.D.N.Y 12-11-06
[quote name='bige1998' post='333323' date='Aug 31 2009, 18:21 ']Concord, NH Former Engine 4 it also served with a few other towns after leaving.

I believe this is a 1947 Mack

Model # is 85 LS 1066

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=56782][/quote]

Where is this rig sitting.
B.StJohn collection
[quote name='CONCORDBOX211' post='335064' date='Sep 8 2009, 06:44 ']Where is this rig sitting.[/quote]

Bow, NH thought I had heard it was going to be refurbished soon.
-Eric Fellows

[url="http://www.ericsfirepics.com"]Eric's Fire Pics[/url]
[quote name='Crossbronxxpress' post='335044' date='Sep 7 2009, 22:45 ']Anyone else notice the Mack Bulldog on the front of this rig?[/quote]

And I thought it was my poor eyesight! Thanks!
[quote name='CNYFireTrucks' post='99420' date='Apr 19 2007, 07:39 ']That Johnsonville NY Rescue truck has been sitting in that spot for a bunch of years now. It is also Ex-Copake NY.[/quote]

This truck was originally the Rescue rig from New Hyde park,NY. It was a GMC which a double v-6 engine welded together.
Some british Dennis firetrucks awaiting their final days.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: 26_8_1.gif]
[quote name='GA_Dave' post='325085' date='Jul 29 2009, 17:50 ']Having just a tad bit more info would be a great help in identifying this one. In the years that the International 2110 chassis was available, Hahn built less than a half-dozen. Most were 1000/1000, one was a 1000/1500, but I don't think this one is large enough for a 1500 gallon tank. Most likely, it is H10-61, a 1972 model that was delivered to Londonderry, VT.[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"] Most likely, it is H10-61, a 1972 model that was delivered to Londonderry, VT[/color]

[color="#FF0000"]This was from Londonderry VT[/color]
Found this in NC back in the 90s.

A large part of my collection was purchased from a GOOD man, John Floyd. I give him FULL credit on his work, although I may miss something. Thanks John. Also Scott Mattson, Warren Jenkins, Michael Schwartzberg, and Mike Sanders. Thanks Guys.

The door....

A large part of my collection was purchased from a GOOD man, John Floyd. I give him FULL credit on his work, although I may miss something. Thanks John. Also Scott Mattson, Warren Jenkins, Michael Schwartzberg, and Mike Sanders. Thanks Guys.

i also drove past this he has alot more rigs out there now and the link to the site dont work
I found this old International pumper sitting in between two buildings on Highway 74 in Shelby, NC.

Selma FD Engine 4

International / ?

This old GMC pumper is sitting in a car lot on Slanting Bridge Rd outside Denver, NC. There is an American LaFrance pumper in front of it and a Ford C / E\-One pumper that has been converted to a flatbed behind it. I have posted shots of both of them in this thread.

I found these two trucks in a junkyard on Highway 49 south of Asheboro, NC Sunday afternoon. The first is an old Chevrolet ? pumper.

Some problems with the size of the other pic. I will post it in a little bit.
[quote name='franksansev' post='335032' date='Sep 7 2009, 22:17 ']I have checked the inside of the rig, since its near me in Plainville MA. Lot of paper work for a USMC air station. I couldn't find any location info. Thought it was a bit strange, looks like we have a mystry on our hands!!!![/quote]

Frank, it that at "the Foots" place just south of Foxboro? Those MB-1s and MB-5s were big at NAS South Weymouth. I'm sure Mr. Redman can shed light on this rig (wonder if I can get it to add to the O-11A I"m eyeballing).
Here is the Mack that was in the junkyard also.

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='bcfd424' post='337060' date='Sep 16 2009, 15:04 ']This old GMC pumper is sitting in a car lot on Slanting Bridge Rd outside Denver, NC. There is an American LaFrance pumper in front of it and a Ford C / E\-One pumper that has been converted to a flatbed behind it. I have posted shots of both of them in this thread.[/quote]

What type of siren is that on the left? I can't recall seeing one before.