Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Austin, Tx Fire/Rescue
[quote name='Roto-Ray' date='24 September 2009 - 05:03 PM' timestamp='1253828617' post='338725']

The Contenders (and the new logo) look pretty good. The switch from a Quantum to a Contender is dramatic. Was this a budget issue?

[/quote]

Yes and No. Yes because they are obviously cheaper, but they are also in older houses where the quantums have a difficult time to fitting. IIRC there are height issues in the old house where 9 12 and 16 are at
Took these around 1990-91, Station 17

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

A large part of my collection was purchased from a GOOD man, John Floyd. I give him FULL credit on his work, although I may miss something. Thanks John. Also Scott Mattson, Warren Jenkins, Michael Schwartzberg, and Mike Sanders. Thanks Guys.

Engine 17....

A large part of my collection was purchased from a GOOD man, John Floyd. I give him FULL credit on his work, although I may miss something. Thanks John. Also Scott Mattson, Warren Jenkins, Michael Schwartzberg, and Mike Sanders. Thanks Guys.

Engine 17.....

Haz-Mat

?

?

?

We have hose towers, they dry their hose on this.

Engine 17 is one of the many Spartan/Quality apparatus the AFD bought up until the around the mid-'90's. This particular rig looks to be a '92-'94 as they went to raised roof cabs around '95 with the raise brought forward over the Officer and Chauffeur around '96-'97 when it was the standard raise for Spartan.

Corrections welcome.

Thanks for sharing them.
Larry Di Camillo

Fire Chief

Stafford Fire Department

www.staffordfirerescue.org

Engineer/Operator

Houston Fire Department

Ladder Co. 68 "A"

www.firehouse68.com
Engine 17

1990 Spartan/Quality

1250/500

[quote name='Tillerman1664' date='27 September 2009 - 09:20 AM' timestamp='1254060026' post='339230']

Engine 17....

[/quote]
I was only off by a couple of years......ha ha........not bad for a Houston guy.

Thanks for the corrected year model.
Larry Di Camillo

Fire Chief

Stafford Fire Department

www.staffordfirerescue.org

Engineer/Operator

Houston Fire Department

Ladder Co. 68 "A"

www.firehouse68.com
Rescue 17

1980's Ford/SVI

[quote name='Tillerman1664' date='27 September 2009 - 09:21 AM' timestamp='1254060095' post='339232']

Haz-Mat

[/quote]
Haz-Mat 17

GMC

[quote name='Tillerman1664' date='27 September 2009 - 09:22 AM' timestamp='1254060121' post='339233']

?

[/quote]
Not bad at all.

[quote name='Ladder 68' date='27 September 2009 - 12:25 PM' timestamp='1254071145' post='339260']

I was only off by a couple of years......ha ha........not bad for a Houston guy.

Thanks for the corrected year model.

[/quote]
Here is a "spy shot" of the new Special Operations Battalion 6:

(Some details are still awaiting installation, like the rear chevron and some LED's lighting)

(There are two more Battalion cars identical to this awating lighting/radio installation as well)
Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
[quote name='Steve Loftin' date='05 October 2009 - 08:14 PM' timestamp='1254786886' post='341104']

Txfirephoto? TacSupport1?

[/quote]

I would if I could but I can't....I just moved here two years ago and I'm only thirty....maybe

Here's the with the Chevron

[Image: chev.jpg]
Seth Granville
Updated shot of the new Battalion 6:

Seth Granville
Engine 14

2003 Pierce Quantum

1500/500/50F/100AFFF

Job # 13693-02

I wish I could help also Steve. But I don't any pics from that time frame.

[quote name='Steve Loftin' date='05 October 2009 - 06:14 PM' timestamp='1254786886' post='341104']

Txfirephoto? TacSupport1?

[/quote]