Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mark Carr Photos
-Christianburg Rescue 33 started out life in St. Clairsville, OH and was one of, if not THE first Sutphen rescue engine ever built. From St. Clairsville, the truck was sold to Seymour, TN where it was assigned to "Squad 503." They ran it up until mid-2009, when Seymour donated the truck to Christianburg.

-Christianburg Engine 33 is indeed the old DCFD Engine 10 & Engine 29. Supposedly Christianburg left the "29" decals on top of the roof of the cab.

-North Monroe's Tanker 73 was built and donated to NMFD by the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA).
Andrew C. Messer

Haywood County, NC

FM1/1823

Visit My Photo Website! WNC Fire Pics

Proverbs 3:5-6

I love seeing these out-of-the-way rigs that I'd never otherwise see. Everyone in your merry band of photographers does nice work!
Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
We are a merry band aren't we. Is that a good thing? Anyway, thanks, and thanks Messner for the information updates.

Mark
Last stop for the TN day was Sweetwater, TN Station 2. This rig is formerly from El Sugundo, CA. I visited the station it came from last week and told the guys that actually worked on it that I'd found it. They were happy to hear of its new home and I sent them pictures of it. It's a 1978 Crown #F1790/Pierce 1500/300/75' Telesqurt GSO#9653 as Ladder 6.

Mark Carr photo

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sweetwater Engine 5 is this 2006 E\-One Typhoon 1250/750/25F Pumper GSO#131916.

Mark Carr photo

Sweetwater also had this nice looking antique rig, a 1924 Brockway Torpedo. I didn't hear any of the other information on it if it was available. I was busy getting the soda cans and mops that were stored on it out of the way for the picture.

Mark Carr photo

Last up for that trip was this University of Tennessee, Knoxville LifeStar 1998 Bell 407, tail #N409UT at Sweetwater Station 2.

Mark Carr photo

[quote name='unMARKedCARR' date='23 September 2009 - 02:01 PM' timestamp='1253727668' post='338379']

Last stop for the TN day was Sweetwater, TN Station 2. This rig is formerly from El Sugundo, CA. I visited the station it came from last week and told the guys that actually worked on it that I'd found it. They were happy to hear of its new home and I sent them pictures of it. It's a 1978 Crown #F1790/Pierce 1500/300/75' Telesqurt GSO#9653 as Ladder 6.

Mark Carr photo

[/quote]

That is a sweet ride. She is a long way from home. Not too many Crowns, east of the Mississippi.
John Hinant
Retired Member of Richmond VA Fire Bureau

October 25, 1858 - October 25, 2020 = 162 years old
The sixth oldest paid, documented, Fire Department in the United States
First established in 1782

"In God We Trust - All Others We Take For Granted"
A couple of weeks ago, Alex (Firepics21), Sully and another friend, and I went out to catch up on a few new Palm Beach County area rigs. We got some old stuff, some new stuff and some bonuses. First up are some old bonuses, former Palm Beach County, FL Fire-Rescue engines. They now belong to Palm Beach Community College's Fire Academy. Engine 5 is a 1988 Duplex/Young Crusader II 1250/750, GSO#88N907.

Mark Carr Photo

Palm Beach Community College Fire Academy Engine 6 is a similar 1988 Duplex/Young Crusader II 1250/750 rig. It's GSO# is 88N890.

Mark Carr photo

Greenacres, FL just took delivery of a 2009 Pierce Contender PUC 1500/1000/30F for Engine 95. As far as I know, it's the only PUC in the area and carries GSO#22254.

Mark Carr photo

Alex wanted to shoot Lake Worth, FL since they were to cease to exist as of the first of October. He wanted to shoot their old platform but it'd already been surplused by the time we got there. So, we got a couple of engines and rescues. First is Engine 91 at what was Lake Worth Station 1. It's a 2000 Pierce Saber 1250/750 GSO#13527. I expect their engines will fairly quickly be replaced by regular Palm Beach County rigs and the old city rigs will be surplussed.

Mark Carr photo

Engine 93 at Lake Worth Station 2 is a 2004 Pierce Saber 1250/750 GSO#15626.

Mark Carr photo

Lake Worth Rescues 91 and 93 have very similar 2006 Int'l/Med Tec rigs. I'm guessing these will be around for a while but will probably be relettered shortly.

Mark Carr photo

Next, we mosied over to the Town of Palm Beach (the rich people live here)with hopes that their new ladder would be in. It was, and the guys were training on it. As time permitted, they were able to position 3 rigs for us. Palm Beach is in the process of changing colors again. When I was a kid, they were red, then went to lime/white, then to white with yellow stripes, recently to an interim color of white with black/red stripes and finally to the new color of black over red. Makes for an interesting department to shoot anyway.

First up is one of their oldest rigs, probably soon to be replaced. It's a 1999 Sutphen 1500/500/105'currently running as Truck 1 GSO#HS3419.

Mark Carr photo

Here is Town of Palm Beach Engine 1, their newest engine. It's a 2007 Pierce Quantum 1500/500 GSO#19671.

Mark Carr photo

And last up for me this trip was the big winner of the day, Palm Beach's new ladder truck. It's a striking 2009 Pierce Velocity 1500/300/100' platform set to run mostly as Truck 1 GSO#22175.

Mark Carr photo

Well, nobody's posted anything from the big California trip a couple of weeks ago so I thought I'd post this rare treat. From Orange Cove, CA is Patrol 66, a 1942 Burma Jeep 200/500. Never seen one of these before.

Mark Carr photo

How 'bout some LAX rigs? I don't know anything on these other than the years. If anybody does have the specs, feel free to chime in. ARFF 80 is a 1997 Oshkosh T1500.

Mark Carr photo

ARFF 180 is a 1997 E\-One Titan HPR.

Mark Carr photo