Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Massachusetts Fire Apparatus
[quote name='massfirebuff' date='10 September 2009 - 03:00 PM' timestamp='1252608013' post='335553']

I'm pretty sure this has been delivered by now, so here goes...Arlington Ladder 1 - Seagrave Maurader II 1500/500? 100' quint

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=57111]

[/quote]

Any idea why Arlington went with a quint?
Roy J. Ward
DCFD
Sergeant
Tower 3 Platoon 2
If Arlington Ladder Co. 01 shares quarters with an Engine Co. then a Quint Co. is a great man-power reduction tool that government likes to use when they try to act like they know our jobs better than we do.

Been done before sadly, hope they just wanted the versatility of supplying its own ladder pipe and lines.
Larry Di Camillo

Fire Chief

Stafford Fire Department

www.staffordfirerescue.org

Engineer/Operator

Houston Fire Department

Ladder Co. 68 "A"

www.firehouse68.com
[quote name='DCpsychwardFD' date='03 October 2009 - 07:01 PM' timestamp='1254609677' post='340647']

Any idea why Arlington went with a quint?

[/quote]

If my memory is correct it was originally going to replace an engine in a single company house. This rig was ordered by the former chief prior to his retirement and the current chief was stuck with it. I'm sure there is more to the story, but I will leave that to someone else..
Great Barrington Engine 1 195? Mack. This is among the slides I have been digitizing recently, they from what I loosely call the Berkshire SPAAMFAA Collection. I was once told the name of the photographer/collector of this 6-8 tray collection from mostly around the northeast, but it escapes me at the moment. I will be putting together a display of these amazing photos that were taken about 20 years ago for the Berkshire Chapter Show in Stockbridge, MA on October 11th. Still trying to make up my mind if I should do a regular slide show, digital slide show, prints or all three. I am using a slide duplicatior which is working pretty good, but I think if I had the money I'd go get a scanner to the job with. Two other gawkers were cropped out of the shot - what are people's thoughts on do stuff like that when copying old slides photos be them from your or part of a collection?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ed Harvey

[url="http://www.fireservicephotography.com/"][size=2]Fire Service Photography[/url][/size]

"In preparing for battle I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable." -Dwight D. Eisenhower

All fires will go out; and all bleeding will stop - eventually.

[url="http://www.facebook.com/people/Ed-Harvey/116300270"]My Facebook Page[/url]
[quote name='KDWMAEMT' date='01 October 2009 - 02:16 PM' timestamp='1254419811' post='340140']

Rear 3/4 view. The DC style hi-rise tray will be covered in the near future. Theres a custom made cover being manufactured for it as I type this. The cover will integrate the spring hinges to hold the equipment down while covering it from the New England elements.

[/quote]

a little help on the ALS engine - note the rear cabinet...

is there a full compliment of ALS equipment and is there a minimum requirement of paramedics to staff the truck? thanks in advance
Ed Power

Engine Company 1

Lynn Fire Department

"Hooper drives the boat Chief"
[quote name='SinCityJake' date='04 October 2009 - 03:03 PM' timestamp='1254681791' post='340821']

a little help on the ALS engine - note the rear cabinet...

is there a full compliment of ALS equipment and is there a minimum requirement of paramedics to staff the truck? thanks in advance

[/quote]

There is a full compliment of ALS equipment on the engines. The apparatus are licensed as Class 5 ambulances and require one medic on each. The ambo has 2 always. If the engine is by itself on a call and operates at the ALS level, another ALS unit is dispatched such as Action or Armstrong to make the 2nd medic for the transport or the will treat the patient if our ambulance is returning from the hospital. It works good for us but we are limited in resources because our mutual aid ambulances are bls.
[quote name='firelaw757' date='04 October 2009 - 03:20 PM' timestamp='1254682835' post='340828']

There is a full compliment of ALS equipment on the engines. The apparatus are licensed as Class 5 ambulances and require one medic on each. The ambo has 2 always. If the engine is by itself on a call and operates at the ALS level, another ALS unit is dispatched such as Action or Armstrong to make the 2nd medic for the transport or the will treat the patient if our ambulance is returning from the hospital. It works good for us but we are limited in resources because our mutual aid ambulances are bls.

[/quote]

very good...thanks for the info!
Ed Power

Engine Company 1

Lynn Fire Department

"Hooper drives the boat Chief"
More from the Berkshire SPAAMFAA Collection Pittsfield Ladder 3!

Also a reminder of the Berkshire SPAAMFAA Show this Sunday Oct. 11 10am-4pm at the train station in Stockbridge, MA. Weather forecast looks good so far, last I heard the grounds should be full to over flowing with rigs!

Attached Files Image(s)

Ed Harvey

[url="http://www.fireservicephotography.com/"][size=2]Fire Service Photography[/url][/size]

"In preparing for battle I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable." -Dwight D. Eisenhower

All fires will go out; and all bleeding will stop - eventually.

[url="http://www.facebook.com/people/Ed-Harvey/116300270"]My Facebook Page[/url]
Reading E1

2009 Seagrave

Joe Palamara Photo

Reading E2

2008 Seagrave

Joe Palamara Photo

Reading L1

2009 Seagrave 100'

Joe Palamara Photo

All together now.....

Joe Palamara Photo

Salem E4

2008 KME

Joe Palamara Photo

Peabody E5

2009 KME

Joe Palamara Photo

Opening up the old vault here - another view of Acton's Maxim-Snorkel 27

Marlborough Engine 2 - 1960s FWD-Farrar

Northborough Engine 1 - 1948 Ford-Moore 500/1000, and "A-1" - 1973 International Pierce "mustang" mini-pumper

Northborough Engine 3 - 1965 Ford Maxim 750/500, a workhorse into the 1980s

Northborough Rescue 1 - 1969 GMC-Wolf Coach (one of the first Wolf Coach rigs ever made - their shop was in town). Later known for their ambulances with running water...

[quote name='nfdmaxim' date='14 October 2009 - 09:15 PM' timestamp='1255568154' post='342872']

Opening up the old vault here - another view of Acton's Maxim-Snorkel 27

[/quote]

GREAT pic of my favorite Mass. apparatus! Thanks for posting. Any idea when the shot was taken? It's definatley before her refurb (early 90's?) when she got her white roof. That looks like Boxboro's Ford LN engine beside her.