Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How about some senic shots?
[quote name='BCFDphotoman' date='15 October 2009 - 08:56 PM' timestamp='1255653402' post='343052']

I saw this guy in a cornfield in Easton, MD. on my way home from the shore. He just caught this and is getting ready for a meal.

[/quote]

is that a cat it having for lunch?
Ed Harvey

[url="http://www.fireservicephotography.com/"][size=2]Fire Service Photography[/url][/size]

"In preparing for battle I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable." -Dwight D. Eisenhower

All fires will go out; and all bleeding will stop - eventually.

[url="http://www.facebook.com/people/Ed-Harvey/116300270"]My Facebook Page[/url]
Yes, unfortunately it was a cat. Probably just out for a stroll and became a meal. I was a bit of a distance away when I was photographing and couldn't tell what it was until the eagle flew away and I went out in the field and checked.
[quote name='BCFDphotoman' date='15 October 2009 - 09:06 PM' timestamp='1255654004' post='343054']

This little guy was staring me down in my front yard as I walked by.

[/quote]

Great shot.
How about a light house?

Located in Queens Landing on Kent Island, MD.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

So I recently got to spend a few days in San Francisco doing some "work". It was my first time to the city, and my first to California at all. I really enjoyed it. The weather was awesome, the food was superb, and the people were great. I could prolly live there, after I negotiate cost of living with The Governator. Inbetween work, my boss and I managed to do some sight seeing. Thanks to a GREAT tour from the S.F. PD Marine Division, I got some great, and truely unique views of "The City". Enjoy!

We had to wait out the fog of the morning (I know, how cliche' that it was foggy in San Fran).....but the day turned out AWESOME.

We were told Pier 39, and the Fransican Resturant at Pier 43 were MUSTS by the cops, and a cop's stomach doesn't lie....

Image(s)

Last few.....thanks to the SFPD for showing us a good time.....thanks for looking guys!

Image(s)

Although certainly early for here in Massachusetts, the snow flew yesterday for the second day in a row and though no accumulation it looked nice!

joe b

It was an absolute gorgeous day in northern NJ on Monday October 19 so I thought I'd get some fall photography in. This is the Monksville Reservoir in the Stonetown section of Ringwood. It's hard to believe that as a Boy Scout I used to camp and hike under all that water. As a teenager we used to party in those same woods since it was a rather remote area.

Next I crossed Ringwood to Ringwood State Park. Ringwood State Park consists of 3 separate areas: Ringwood Manor, Skylands Manor, and Sheperd Lake. This is Ringwood Manor. Ringwood Manor was one of George Washington's HQs during the Revolutionary War. Ringwood was a major iron mining area and iron from Ringwood mines was used for the chain drawn across the Hudson River just south of West Point, NY. Over the years Ringwood Manor was home to Robert Erskine, Martin Ryerson, Peter Cooper, and Abram Hewitt, all prominent names in Revolutionary, as well as Ringwood, history.

Here is the Manor

Here's another view of Ringwood Manor

There are numerous out-buildings on the Manor property including this old barn.

This is a view looking towards the front lawn of the Manor.

Another view of the front lawn. Robert Erskine is buried near the pond shoreline.

Just a nice shot that I took at Ringwood Manor.

Next I went from Ringwood Manor just down the road to Skylands Manor. Skylands Manor was a private residence for many years. It then became a campus of Shelton College until it was sold to the state of NJ in 1966. In 1984 it was designated as the state botanical gardens. Several modern additions have been made to the manor house to allow catered events such as weddings and formal dinners to be held there. Unfortunately, between the trees and the size of the house I've never been able to get a satisfactory picture of the manor house.

This is the main entrance to Skylands Manor.

A view of one of the gardens.

After I got a few pictures at Skylands Manor I went to Sheperd Lake. Shepard Lake offers swimming, boating, picnic areas, and a skeet shooting range. At one time there was also a ski slope, complete with ski lift, but that was shut down years ago. We used to go sledding down the slope when I was growing up but the slope is far too grown over to do that now.

This is the monument and the main entrance to the lake.

This is the lake as viewed through the trees. There were many people just walking around, plus a temporary fence set up across the beach so this was the best 'pure' shot of the lake that I could get.