Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Massachusetts Fire Apparatus
1976 or 1977
I spent 3 years with Stoughton fire before getting on DCFD and I can't help but notice the lack of pictures on websites from the dept. Stoughton is a busy fire dept with a few good fires, so hopefully someone will have more to post. Here is one E2, 2008 Pierce Arrow XT. This wagon was a pleasure to work on and suits the town well. From what I hear they will be purchasing a sister to it. It will replace a tired 99 EOne with over 100K on it by now. Hopefully they will be replacing thier 84 and 88 E One ladders soon.

Roy J. Ward
DCFD
Sergeant
Tower 3 Platoon 2
Here is Station 1 located at 30 Freeman St, right in downtown. Pictured in the bays from L to R are A2, E3, C5, and A1 is outside. Engine 2 is housed further to the left. Since the closure of Station 2 (summer of 06 to current) all the dept's companies run out of here. Having all the guys work out of 1 station truly made for alot of laughs.

Roy J. Ward
DCFD
Sergeant
Tower 3 Platoon 2
[quote name='nfdmaxim' date='15 October 2009 - 04:38 PM' timestamp='1255637892' post='343002']

1976 or 1977

[/quote]

Thanks... that puts right it about the time I was still in Junior High. Always loved that truck, remembered when she was delivered. It was the first piece of "modern" 70's equipment Acton had (they had a bunch of IH conventional cab/Farrar pumpers, a 60's vintage GMC Gerstenslager rescue and L28, a Grove ladder painted white - the only Acton piece in that color. I never knew why - it was locally known as "The White Elephant").

When E27 was brand new they were doing a drill at a condo complex near where I lived, putting it through the paces and one of the FF's asked if I wanted a ride in the bucket... unfortunately he was pulling my leg. They got E21 (a '75 Maxim but without the Snorkel boom) a few years later. Two greatest pieces AFD ever owned IMHO. Never really liked the Hendrickson they had (E23?) or the Ford C/E-ones that came along in the 80's (or the Ferrera's they have now). The Maxims were by far, the classiest pieces in the fleet.

I lived near the Littleton line about 5 miles from the center station where she was quartered. On a quiet summer night with the windows open to catch a breeze, even without a scanner you always knew when E27 was going on a call. You could here her from miles away... didn't need a siren... that engine/transmission combo was as loud as any "Q". After the refurb, she was much quieter.

Brings back good memories... thanks again. If you find any more Acton pics, especially the Maxims, don't hesitate to post 'em!
Does anyone have any idea what will happen to the old Mack B Ladder in Gloucester now that they have a new Pierce set to be delivered???? Will they keep it as a parade/antique truck?
Ludlow,Mass

2008 Mack/Pierce

1500/3000

Ron Bogardus photo

Attached Files Image(s)

Amherst,Mass

2009 E\-One 75'

1500/500

Eng-2

Ron Bogardus photo

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='The Commish' date='17 October 2009 - 10:55 AM' timestamp='1255790150' post='343276']

Amherst,Mass

2009 E\-One 75'

1500/500

Eng-2

Ron Bogardus photo

[/quote]

What is the Ford rig in the background?
Nice night shot of Tewksbury Engine 1 at a recent 3 Alarm fire in Lowell

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Pittsfield,Mass

1955 Mack B Model

750/500

Ron Bogardus collection

Attached Files Image(s)

A few more from the vault - (sorry about the poor quality) - Ayer Ladder 1, 1960 Ford-Maxim

Marlborough Ladder 2 - 1975 Mack CF

Cambridge Engine 11 - 1950s Pirsch

Cambridge Engine 11 was a 1954 Pirsch run by the Auxiliary (CD), its twin engine was Engine 12. The Auxiliary also ran two Lighting Plants and for a time Engine 13. My grandfather served on the Camrbidge Auxiliary for years and left after obtaining the rank of Chief. Slowly the city disbanded the Auxiliary and took away there equipment, i believe after my grandfather left that the city junked E13 and the Lighting Plants and either E11 or E12 was used for a time as a spare and the other was left uncovered outside of E4s quarters till it was junked. I have tried like hell to find either E11 or E12 to try and buy and restore them but the trail ran cold many years ago.
Monterey,Mass

Ex-waterford,NY

1964 Mack

1000/500

Ron Bogardus collection

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='The Commish' date='15 November 2009 - 11:02 AM' timestamp='1258299777' post='347571']

Monterey,Mass

Ex-waterford,NY

1964 Mack

1000/500

Ron Bogardus collection

[/quote]

Was a short lived rig for Monterey, for a time it was at the transfer station. And at one point owned by some members of Berkshire SPAAMFAA, but I don't think it is in very good shape, haven't heard much about it recently.
Ed Harvey

[url="http://www.fireservicephotography.com/"][size=2]Fire Service Photography[/url][/size]

"In preparing for battle I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable." -Dwight D. Eisenhower

All fires will go out; and all bleeding will stop - eventually.

[url="http://www.facebook.com/people/Ed-Harvey/116300270"]My Facebook Page[/url]
Recenyly O was able to get some pics of new and updated rigs from Boston Northshore. 1st up is Swampscott Engine 21 a 2008 Spartin/Crimson. This rig was 1 0f 10 bought by Hilton Head NC which only put 8 of the 10 in service.

Here is the Old E21 which will be reassigned to E22 (Spare) when the new rig goes in service it is a 1996 E\-One.

Here is the soon to be sold E22 a 1988 E\-One Hush XL. It is to be sold

The Ladder for the Town is this 2004 ALF 93ft midmount tower that runs at ladder 21