Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Canada Eh?
[quote name='Big Dave' date='08 April 2010 - 04:44 AM' timestamp='1270715074' post='374892']

Not quite sure of your question, Joel. The 3 pumpers currently being built are all for the Canadian Forces Fire Academy at CFB-Borden. Fort Garry delivered a similar unit to the Fire Academy last year about this time. I hope that answers your question.

[/quote]

Hi Dave, yes thanks that answered my question, if the remaining 2 engines were going to other bases besides Borden or all three units were going to Borden. One other question, did Petawawa get one of the 4x4 rescues on the Sterling chassis? I didn't see it on Ft. Garry's new deliveries page on their website. Thanks much!!!
Joel, The 4x4 rescue for CFB Petawawa is on an International 7400 chassis, and it is in service. They are getting a few new rigs this year. I'll be going back there later this year to photograph these new trucks and will be posting them all here. Also working on getting into the nuclear power plant at Chalk River, I now have a contact, although security is very tight and I may have to have the trucks come out of the gate to take the pictures.
2009 Saber... more info to follow

Invermere, British Columbia

Attached Files Image(s)

Joel, here is Petawawa's new rescue:

CFB-Petawawa, ON #3 2009 Fort Garry/International 7400 4x4 s/n #M073

Attached Files Image(s)

I am looking for anyone that can post some shots of Whistler, BC's new 75' Smeal Quint. Thanks, to anyone that can help. Very interesting thread.
Dave McClung

Arden Hills, Minnesota but....

my heart is also back in Northern VA, especially Alexandria.

All pictures are taken by me and subject to copyright.

No picture taken by me may be copied or linked without my

express permission.
[quote name='Dave McClung' date='09 April 2010 - 07:59 PM' timestamp='1270856350' post='375242']

I am looking for anyone that can post some shots of Whistler, BC's new 75' Smeal Quint. Thanks, to anyone that can help. Very interesting thread.

[/quote]

I understand they actually had 2 to aid with Oylmpic coverage and both were on

6x4 Spartan chassis. I too would like to see photos of them...
Fluor Canada, Industrial dept.

Pierce Contender Mini-pumper

Wainwright, Alberta Contender Tanker

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='Scottrucks' date='09 April 2010 - 07:30 PM' timestamp='1270861848' post='375249']

[/quote]

I'll give it a shot... I'll talk to the local salesman.
Teulon, Manitoba in the Rural Municipality of Rockwood just put into service this 2010 Grunthal tanker

on a 2004 FL chassis.

420/2500

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='Scottrucks' date='02 April 2010 - 09:11 PM' timestamp='1270259507' post='373837']

Todays was opening Day for my photo season...so with Tor328,

Warm temps and sunshine heres some of what we found...

Oakville, Ontario

Ladder242

2002 Spartan Gladiator/Smeal/National Foam

1250/500/500afff/75'

2009 Rehabbed by "Carl Thibault Inc"

as this WAS an industrial rig owned and operated by the Petro Canada Refinery located in Oakville

since closed) and was donated to the OFD. It use to carry only 1000afff for refinery protection.

My photo,

[/quote]

Here is the truck when the the petro-Canada refinery was still open, at an OFD open-house maybe 2004? Petro-Mississauga will be getting a new ladder soon enough. My photo.

PS - Back from the dead! I had other more important things and finally have time again!! Back to my hobby!

Jamie

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sitting in the Dependable Emergency Vehicles (Brampton, Ontario) yard a few weeks ago, just about finished.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[quote name='Scottrucks' date='09 April 2010 - 10:30 PM' timestamp='1270861848' post='375249']

[/quote]

http://www.safetekev.com/delivery.aspx?id=47 check this out from Safetek Emergency Vehicles, the Canadian SMEAL dealer.
Stephen Taylor

Retired Volunteer Firefighter
Retired Career Fire Dispatcher
Yarmouth Fire Department
Yarmouth, N.S. Canada
Anybody have news or pics of the new bronto for Ottawa.

Who is the new E\-One dealer a the place of carrier in center canada
[quote name='BA000049' date='14 January 2010 - 11:52 AM' timestamp='1263483169' post='358452']

Just a heads up for you Canada guys. One of my sources told me that Tehcno-Fire has purchased the following from the Bryn Mawr Fire Company (Montgomery County, PA):

2002 E\-One Hurricaine, 4-door 7-person flat roof cab, quint, 100 ft aluminum rear mount aerial ladder, purchased through Guardian Fire Equipt.-Lansdale,PA, delvd 4-18-02, 1500/500, Hale Qmax pump, Cummins ISM 450 HP, 10 KW AMPS generator, rear/side vision camera, tandem rear axles, plated wheel covers.

If you remember – Tehcno purchased the last aerial that Bryn Mawr had for sale - 1994 E\-One, 4-door cab, quint, 1500/500, 100 ft rear-mount aerial ladder, $452,000, delvd 8-94, Detroit diesel 8V-927A 450 HP, Allison auto World trans, On-Spot auto chains, Hale pump, pre-piped 75 ft waterway, 7.5 KW Onan diesel generator, who resold to St.Jerome,Quebec,Canada-who had it repainted RW.

I presume Tehcno has a buyer for it. Not sure if it left for Canada yet. If anyone hears were it is going, please drop me a line.

Many thanks,

Bruce W. Anderson

www.ba000049@aol.com

[/quote]

The info is not sure but i think this truck was purchased by fire academy in Laval. This school run a beautifull fleet of E\-One , include a brand new bronto, and another on pacific chasis.

the city of ile perrault now run the ex E\-One ladder of leesburg Va.

http://www.ile-perrot.qc.ca/pages/securi...lang=FR-CA

What truck is due to replace the bryn marr ladder, another brand new E\-One
[quote name='daviddnb' date='20 April 2010 - 02:35 PM' timestamp='1271787304' post='377186']

[/quote]

new Bronto is going to be inspected and trained on in the first week of May......no pics yet!...will keep you posted...
[quote name='daviddnb' date='20 April 2010 - 02:49 PM' timestamp='1271788158' post='377189']

the city of ile perrault now run the ex E\-One ladder of leesburg Va.

http://www.ile-perrot.qc.ca/pages/securi...lang=FR-CA

[/quote]

Anyone have a full-size photo of this rig in service in Canada? Thanks!
Taylor Goodman
Captain - Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire
Fire Chief - Huguenot VFD, Powhatan, VA
[quote name='daviddnb' date='20 April 2010 - 03:35 PM' timestamp='1271787304' post='377186']

[/quote]

What happened to Carrier? Are you sure you are not talking about Carriere in Manitoba??
Stephen Taylor

Yarmouth Fire Department
Yarmouth, N.S. Canada
[quote name='Reliance' date='20 April 2010 - 08:34 PM' timestamp='1271808847' post='377210']

What happened to Carrier? Are you sure you are not talking about Carriere in Manitoba??

[/quote]

Carrier Emergency Vehicles based in Southern Ontario.
[quote name='ladder13' date='21 April 2010 - 10:01 PM' timestamp='1271896894' post='377341']

Carrier Emergency Vehicles based in Southern Ontario.

[/quote]

What happened to Carrier as they are at FDIC this week with E\-One.

I know Carriere in Manitoba has switched to Smeal as an agent for Safetek.
Stephen Taylor

Yarmouth Fire Department
Yarmouth, N.S. Canada
[quote name='Reliance' date='20 April 2010 - 08:34 PM' timestamp='1271808847' post='377210']

[/quote]

yes its jmy error, I talking about carrière in Winnipeg,not Carrier in Ontario.

I supposed That no new dealer was named a this Time .