Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tour of New Jersey
[quote name='R1SmokeEater' date='21 April 2010 - 10:36 AM' timestamp='1271859398' post='377281']

-Is that a Firehouse behind L-7 ? I heard the 1st due company due to this major job was closed at the time again ?

[/quote]

yeah its the same firehouse that bayonne squad 7 is in front of, the station was no more than 3 blocks away from this job, from what i hear nhrf has company closures when manpower falls below 57 i think, squad 2,engine 9,engine 11,rescue 1,and i think the saftey/msu unit is browned out. 2nd time in the last month or 2 a multiple occured where a brown out was in effect, i think there was a 4th nest door to engine 9 on jfk blvd and 60th?? st,they were browned out, and know this job squad 2 was closed. anyway in this house there is also a older tiller which is marked as ladder 6 and a older mack engine marked as engine 17.
Montague New Jersey ( Sussex County )

Engine 1 - 1991 Sparten / Darley - 1750gpm - 1000gal

Attached Files Image(s)

Montague NJ - Engine 2 - 2003 Ford f550 4x4 / E\-One 1000gpm - 250gal

Attached Files Image(s)

Tanker 1

1977 Mack engine that was converted to a tanker . 1000gpm - 2000gal

Attached Files Image(s)

Montague NJ

Tanker 2

2006 International / KME - 2000gpm - 4000gal

Attached Files Image(s)

Frankford New Jersey ( Sussex County )

2006 Spartan / Hackney Heavy Rescue

Attached Files Image(s)

Sandyston NJ ( Sussex County )

1991 HME / Gruman 1500gpm 1000gal

Attached Files Image(s)

Lynbrook NJ --- DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS RIG ? Looks like some kind of support unit ?

Attached Files Image(s)

The Lynbrook truck is from Lynbrook, LI New York. Believe its an air / floodlight unit assigned to the ladder company along with a tower ladder and rear mount aerial. Possibly Spartan / Rescue 1.
[quote name='b9208' date='24 May 2010 - 08:10 AM' timestamp='1274705407' post='383466']

The Lynbrook truck is from Lynbrook, LI New York. Believe its an air / floodlight unit assigned to the ladder company along with a tower ladder and rear mount aerial. Possibly Spartan / Rescue 1.

[/quote]

Thanks , was not sure what state it was from .. It has a very short wheel base and seemed very unusual ...
Branchville NJ - 1976 Hahn 1000gpm - 1000gal - 5 speed manual

This engine is still active with this department and is kept in top condition

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='NJMedic' date='25 July 2006 - 08:50 PM' timestamp='1153877417' post='14999']

Sea Girt (Monmouth County)

[/quote]

I love the old school truck would love to see more of them in dept the day
[quote name='promike' date='22 May 2010 - 08:49 PM' timestamp='1274574574' post='383150']

Engine 1 - 1991 Sparten / Darley - 1750gpm - 1000gal

[/quote]

Notice the obelisk portrait on the Montague apparatus. That's High Point Monument on the highest elevation in the state, 1803 feet above sea level, which is in the township. Montague is also at the top of the NJ state map when displayed on a wall as it is the northernmost municipality bordering New York State on the northeast and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania via the Delaware River on the northwest. It is one of those relatively rare places that borders more than one state in the US.
Rich Dean, Butler, New Jersey, USA

Member of Kinney Hose Co. 1, Butler Fire Dept. since 1973, Fire Police Officer since 2000

Dispatcher at Butler Police Communications from March 1975 to July 2009

Secretary of North Jersey Volunteer Firemen's Association since 1980

Member of Tri-Boro First Aid Squad (volunteer ems) since 2000 as a driver

Member of many Yahoogroups, owner of some such as:

[post="0"]FirematicEvents Yahoogroup[/post]the place to for listing and discussion of any event by a public safety organization.

[post="0"]RailfanEvents Yahoogroup[/post]

[post="0"]Railpics Yahoogroup[/post]
[quote name='Richard_L_Dean_07405' date='24 May 2010 - 07:14 PM' timestamp='1274741667' post='383546']

Notice the obelisk portrait on the Montague apparatus. That's High Point Monument on the highest elevation in the state, 1803 feet above sea level, which is in the township. Montague is also at the top of the NJ state map when displayed on a wall as it is the northernmost municipality bordering New York State on the northeast and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania via the Delaware River on the northwest. It is one of those relatively rare places that borders more than one state in the US.

[/quote]

That always bugged me ... Montague got to have the logo for High Point , yet Colesville is actually a lot closer to the park . It is amazing how territories are divided . Luckily the park does not have any major structures , just lots of beautiful sights . Also thank goodness for mutual aid . As long as one of Montague's chiefs makes it to the scene they can call for another department that is closer for support . For many years Montague had a contract with Port Jervis to respond automatically on calls to its borders , but now they stand on their own feet . They have come a long way ...
can anyone identity these two rigs for me im sure this is a rent a rig.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

and this one
ok the picture, does anyone know where this rig serves???

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

ex Bayway Refinery, Linden, Ex-Union County Fire Academy. now privately owned

[quote name='anesti' date='25 May 2010 - 07:05 PM' timestamp='1274827553' post='383743']

can anyone identity these two rigs for me im sure this is a rent a rig.

[/quote]
[quote name='FDNYTRUCKS.com' date='25 May 2010 - 11:56 PM' timestamp='1274844988' post='383806']

ex Bayway Refinery, Linden, Ex-Union County Fire Academy. now privately owned

[/quote]

thanx mike.
The Dodge is also privately owned. I'm drawing a blank trying to remember where he said it was from, but the current owner-operator is a member of the Antique Fire Association of NJ, as well as the infamous "North Jersey Wetdown Gang".