Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Relics
another engine at Brookfield, looks to possibly be an ex-FDNY Seagrave. Unit is in a fenced lot, with other trucks/equipment. There looked to be at least one other similar engine in there, but I was unable to get any photos of it.

Attached Files Image(s)

A few years back Andrew2340 posted a photo of my department's 1954 Oren 750 GPM pumper that was sitting outside an auto museum in Maggie Valley, NC. Wanaque, NJ bought this truck new in 1954 and we kept it in service until it was replaced with a 1983 Oren 1500 GPM pumper. Well 2 weeks ago my Red Knights Motorcycle Club chapter rode from Wanaque to Deal's Gap, TN to ride the legendary Tail Of The Dragon. We stayed in Maggie Valley, NC because we knew that the truck might still be there.

It's still there...sadly just wasting away exposed to the elements. I'm glad I was able to find room on my motorcycle for my digital SLR. Here's some photos of her, taken on Sunday, May 2 as we were heading home to NJ. At that hour of the morning (7am) the museum was still closed but I was able to get the next few shots.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Here's a side shot of old 541:

Here's the cab. You can still see the stick-on numbers that say '541' on the dashboard. There was a box of photos and documents on the floor of the officers side of the cab but I couldn't find anything in that box that documented the history of this truck after we sold it.

Here's the pump panel. Very simple and basic compared to the panels on our 3 new Smeal pumpers.

Attached Files Image(s)

The tailboard...looks big enough to host a convention.

The front end. Unfortunately the Oren nameplate above the radiator grill is missing, as is the one that was attached on the pump panel. What a shame to see such a classic truck just wasting away......

[quote name='jmp883' date='11 May 2010 - 11:32 PM' timestamp='1273633949' post='381497']

The front end. Unfortunately the Oren nameplate above the radiator grill is missing, as is the one that was attached on the pump panel. What a shame to see such a classic truck just wasting away......

[/quote]

Thanks for posting. I have shots of this truck and had no info on the history of it. Thanks
[quote name='jphfirejake' date='09 May 2010 - 07:34 PM' timestamp='1273446875' post='380943']

Heath Ma Engine 3 Int/Wlf for sale in Bridgewater Ma @ McDonald Industries Rte 104

[/quote]

Looks like this place would definitely be worth a road trip. Any access problems?

Thanks
I shot this relic in Charlotte,NC today and I need help with the history. It also had markings for Meridian Farms and Savannah but don't know the state or any other info.

1962 Pirsch 41BQ

1000/?/100'

Serial #2542

Ex-Franklin Park,IL

Ex-??

Micah Bodford
Fire Investigator
City of Winston-Salem Fire Dept.
[quote name='BFD1151' date='14 May 2010 - 10:28 PM' timestamp='1273889335' post='381972']

I shot this relic in Charlotte,NC today and I need help with the history. It also had markings for Meridian Farms and Savannah but don't know the state or any other info.

1962 Pirsch 41BQ

1000/?/100'

Serial #2542

Ex-Franklin Park,IL

Ex-??

[/quote]

Where did you find this one at in Charlotte. I'll have to make a trip that way next week.
[quote name='bcfd424' date='14 May 2010 - 11:02 PM' timestamp='1273891342' post='381978']

Where did you find this one at in Charlotte. I'll have to make a trip that way next week.

[/quote]

8100 E. Independence at TG Stegall Trucking Co. This truck is also for sale anyone is interested, don't remember the asking price though.
Micah Bodford
Fire Investigator
City of Winston-Salem Fire Dept.
I found a couple of relics this past weekend. I found this x Air Force crash truck on Monroe Rd in Charlotte, NC.

x US Air Force crash truck

1953 O-11A

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='jmp883' date='11 May 2010 - 11:22 PM' timestamp='1273633363' post='381492']

A few years back Andrew2340 posted a photo of my department's 1954 Oren 750 GPM pumper that was sitting outside an auto museum in Maggie Valley, NC. Wanaque, NJ bought this truck new in 1954 and we kept it in service until it was replaced with a 1983 Oren 1500 GPM pumper. Well 2 weeks ago my Red Knights Motorcycle Club chapter rode from Wanaque to Deal's Gap, TN to ride the legendary Tail Of The Dragon. We stayed in Maggie Valley, NC because we knew that the truck might still be there.

It's still there...sadly just wasting away exposed to the elements. I'm glad I was able to find room on my motorcycle for my digital SLR. Here's some photos of her, taken on Sunday, May 2 as we were heading home to NJ. At that hour of the morning (7am) the museum was still closed but I was able to get the next few shots.

[/quote]

Anyone have better photos of this ride??

BTW the 1983 must have been a 1973 as Oren was out of business in the late 1970's.
John Hinant
Retired Member of Richmond VA Fire Bureau

October 25, 1858 - October 25, 2020 = 162 years old
The sixth oldest paid, documented, Fire Department in the United States
First established in 1782

"In God We Trust - All Others We Take For Granted"
[quote name='bcfd424' date='18 May 2010 - 09:45 PM' timestamp='1274232343' post='382496']

I found a couple of relics this past weekend. I found this x Air Force crash truck on Monroe Rd in Charlotte, NC.

x US Air Force crash truck

1953 O-11A

[/quote]

Can you repost this larger? Also was there any USAF Id Number on the rig? Many were 1954 models. The ID number would have usally been on the both front crew doors and started 54L-xxx. Any idea what Base it was at??

Thanks for your help!
For some reason my new laptop will not let me resize it any bigger. I'm going to try and work on it. As far as the numbers go I could not locate any numbers. The ones on the side were taken off.
In keeping my normal Sunday routine, I passed by Brookfield Autowrecking in Elmsford, NY and was rewarded with these three ex-FDNY engines out on the street. First up was SP9322 (FDNY shop ID number). Not wanting to tick off local security I did not bother to look around for any prior company markings.    
next was SP9312

Last up was SP9715. All four cab doors have been removed

I need to find out where this late 40's Chevrolet/Sanford is from. It was photographed outside of Grand Gorge, NY.

John Kenealy

[url="http://www.cnyfiretrucks.com"]CNYFiretrucks.com: Over 5200 photos of apparatus from over 1000 New York State Departments![/url]

[Image: IMAG0400.jpg] New York