Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aviation Photos - Post your "AirPics" here!
[quote name='FiveAlarmPhotography' date='07 June 2010 - 01:32 PM' timestamp='1275930758' post='385940']

Two picutes I got while I was in Virginia last month:

[/quote]

Looks like you were standing at the end of the road to my firehouse. When were you there ?
[quote name='Fire175' date='07 June 2010 - 06:04 PM' timestamp='1275947073' post='386005']

Looks like you were standing at the end of the road to my firehouse. When were you there ?

[/quote]

June 2nd.
Matt

Anne Arundel County, Maryland

My Website: www.bythebayphotos.com
It wouldn't be an airshow without the T Birds.....

Attached Files Image(s)

Went to the airshow at Jones Beach on Long Island, NY this past Memorial Day weekend. Here are some of my favorites.

First up is this Fokker C-31 used by the US Army Golden Knights paratroopers. The C-31 is the military version of the Fokker F-28 Friendship airliner.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Chuck Aaron flies this German BO-105 helicopter in an aerobatic routine. This was the first time I've ever seen a helicopter flown like this. I was quite impressed.

Here's Kirby Chambliss, in his Edge 540, doing a loop. Kirby is a member of the Red Bull Air Racing Team.

Here's Kirby coming down the backside of the loop.

The 106th Rescue Wing of the NY Air National Guard did several demonstrations. Here 4 of their rescue divers deploy from one of their HC-130P's.

After the rescue divers deployed the HC-130P teamed up with one of their HH-60 Pave Hawk helicopters for an air-to-air refueling demonstration.

After the refueling display the HH-60 came in close to pick up the divers from the water. Here they are after being picked up.

The American Airpower Museum had several WW-2 vintage warbirds in the show. They also had this Czechoslovakian L-39 Albatros jet trainer in attendance.

Next up was a real treat. Lead by the Yankee Air Museum's gorgeous B-17G was this group of WW-2 warbirds from the American Airpower Museum. In this picture is the B-17G, a C-47, a P-51, a P-40, and 2 T-5 Texans.

Here's a close-up of the Yankee Air Museum's B-17G.

Here's a close-up of the C-47, P-51, and P-40.

Another view of the C-47. I've always been kind of partial to the DC-3/C-47. It's just a classy (and classic)looking aircraft.

The US Coast Guard made a brief appearance with this HU-25A Falcon that is based in Cape Cod, MA.

This A-10 put on a great display.

Here's Ed Hamill in his Pitts biplane doing his routine.

Here's another shot of Ed tearing up the sky.

The Geico Skytypers not only posted several messages during the airshow they also did some formation flying.