Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Relics
much to our surprise, about a half mile down the road was this old girl....btw...there's a for sale sign on it (couldn't see the phone # from the road)

Attached Files Image(s)

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13 (KJV)
a couple of close-ups of the cab portion

Attached Files Image(s)

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13 (KJV)
and a bit closer....appears to say Lenzburg Fire Dept.

Attached Files Image(s)

Quote:found both of these "previously enjoyed" pumpers on Hollywood Heights Dr. in Caseyville, Il.

Hollywood Heights had a lime International/Towers 750/250 4x4 that ran as Engine 332 years ago. They called it the "Weed Eater". Looks like the same rig, just ripened up now....
Former South Killingly, CT cab and chassis. If his is the truck I am thinking of, I first saw it in Cranston off Wellington Avenue a couple of years ago still intact, then it was moved to a fenced in lot on Garfield Avenue. It now sits as of this post on Elmwood Avenue in Warwick, RI with a for sale sign in the windshield.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Maybee not a sad ending yet. Found this Suphen-late 80s early 90s parked behind Salem VFD in Oconee County SC. Not sure what Midland Fire it is from. TX, Mich. ? She has Engine 2 in big letters, but also has Engine 5 in small near the cab. Any Ideas?

[Image: 006.jpg]

[Image: 007-1.jpg]
Here is my other Unknown for today. Found it in a vacant lot in Anderson, SC. I havent a clue on this one. Best I can tell it is an International. At least that's what it has imprinted on the hub caps. beyond that I dont know. Any Help would be appreciated.

[Image: 180.jpg]

[Image: 178.jpg]
Former Norris, SC Engine 1. 1968 Ford Super Duty / Ward LaFrance.

[Image: 182.jpg]
Maybe Midland, PA down the Ohio River from Pittsburgh, PA ??
Saw this old Ford "C" ALF in Marietta, GA just off I-75 north of Atlanta. Appears to be an 85' stick. No data plates visible, could not get the cab doors open due to narrow confines. It has not been run in years, lady at the gutter cleaning business said it was towed into position some years ago, hasn't moved since!

Attached Files Image(s)

Saw this old Ford up in Rabun in far northwest Georgia. It was a homemade rig with a now missing front-mont pump. Supposidly started out as a box van produce truck.

Attached Files Image(s)

Wow! What a beast of a front bumper.
Here is my other Unknown for today. Found it in a vacant lot in Anderson, SC. I havent a clue on this one. Best I can tell it is an International. At least that's what it has imprinted on the hub caps. beyond that I dont know. Any Help would be appreciated.

This looks similar to a WWII Class 300 pumper designed for structural and forest/brush fires. Only problem is that I don't see that any of the Class 300's utilized Interntional chassis. Records show only Chevy & Ford chassis, but it sure looks ex-military...
Polk Co. GA International / E\-One 1000 GPM engine has seen its better days! Saw this last week at the county maintenance shops out in west GA near the GA/AL border.

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='GA FIREMAN' date='25 June 2010 - 11:38 PM' timestamp='1277522295' post='389054']

Saw this old Ford up in Rabun in far northwest Georgia. It was a homemade rig with a now missing front-mont pump. Supposidly started out as a box van produce truck.

[/quote]

Cool shots!

Many many years ago there was an article in Fire Engineering about a rural department that built most of their own rigs, profiling a rig built on a Ford chassis that they had just completed and placed in service. Though it's been 20 years or more since I've seen that article I swear this rig looks a lot like the one featured.
Engine 1 to all units, we've got a glow in the sky!

If God's not a Hokie, Then why do the leaves turn Maroon and Orange in the Fall?

My [url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotowun/"]Flickr Account[/url]
[quote name='dispachrg' date='22 June 2010 - 06:08 PM' timestamp='1277243280' post='388545']Pretty sure this is from Midland Mi, was reserve and recently replaced when a new Top mount 2008 KME came in.
World's longest fire truck, or so they claim! Located on I-75 at Exit # 141 in Northern TN, this interesting truck is a 500 or 600 series ALF that has been cut into two pieces and "stretched". Could not find any markings or data plate on the truck, anyone have any idea where it came from?

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='GA FIREMAN' date='25 June 2010 - 11:56 PM' timestamp='1277523366' post='389060']

This looks similar to a WWII Class 300 pumper designed for structural and forest/brush fires. Only problem is that I don't see that any of the Class 300's utilized Interntional chassis. Records show only Chevy & Ford chassis, but it sure looks ex-military...

[/quote]

GA Fireman you are the winner. It is indeed a WWII Army Class 300 Brush Truck. The rig is a 1942 International-Central. My attached shows another this one in her OD dress. This series of Class 300s carried USA #s 504633 - 504670

Attached Files Image(s)

Here are a couple old rigs from Holly Grove VFD in Louisa Co, VA. This one has a gasoline engine. Once everything has been stripped off it will be sold as scrap metal.

Wagon 4

1968 International/American Fire

750/1000 + 350 PTO pump

S/N: 3086

ex-Fairfields VFD, Northumberland Co, VA
Paul Edwards

Contributor - Fire & EMS Virginia Magazine

Dispatcher - Virginia Fire Net (VFN102)
[quote name='GA FIREMAN' date='26 June 2010 - 06:52 PM' timestamp='1277591523' post='389239']

World's longest fire truck, or so they claim! Located on I-75 at Exit # 141 in Northern TN, this interesting truck is a 500 or 600 series ALF that has been cut into two pieces and "stretched". Could not find any markings or data plate on the truck, anyone have any idea where it came from?

[/quote]

Don't guess you got a photo of the cab, eh?
John Hinant
Retired Member of Richmond VA Fire Bureau

October 25, 1858 - October 25, 2020 = 162 years old
The sixth oldest paid, documented, Fire Department in the United States
First established in 1782

"In God We Trust - All Others We Take For Granted"