Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Los Angeles Fire Dept
[Image: DSC04006.jpg]

USAR 3.
[Image: DSC04082.jpg]

Reserve Rescue 657 the department is currently running the wheels off of its reserve fleet.
[Image: DSC04007.jpg]

EMS 11 leaving for a call.
[Image: DSC04076.jpg]

LAFD Crown Vic.
Why did engine9 have "Skid Row" on it.
Kory Green

Captain

Dresden Fire Department

Training Officer

Martin Fire Department
[quote name='Kory' date='08 June 2010 - 09:13 AM' timestamp='1276008792' post='386100']

Why did engine9 have "Skid Row" on it.

[/quote]

The area that they serve is known as "Skid Row"
Station 9 (Engine 9, Engine 209, Truck 9 and RA 9 & RA 209) serves the skid row part of Downtown LA (also known as Central City). Engine 209 has the exact same license plate frame except it says Engine 209
People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?
[quote name='JFong' date='09 June 2010 - 01:20 AM' timestamp='1276070434' post='386284']

Station 9 (Engine 9, Engine 209, Truck 9 and RA 9 & RA 209) serves the skid row part of Downtown LA (also known as Central City). Engine 209 has the exact same license plate frame except it says Engine 209

[/quote]

As developers came in and revitalized the area many residents complained about calling the area Skid Row and the PC police came in and had the words Skid Row removed from all Fire Station 9 units.
[quote name='Monrovia1' date='03 June 2010 - 07:04 PM' timestamp='1275615896' post='385254']

[Image: DSC04013.jpg]

Rescue 209.

[/quote]

[Image: IMG_0780.jpg]

An old photo of Rescue 209 with the skid row logo. Rescue 209 is a second fully manned ALS ambulance due to the high call volume that Station 9 has.
Great shots guys. If I'm not mistaken LA is the last remaining urban jurisdiction to utilize a 2-Piece Engine company (or light/task force) concept. I happen to think it's a great concept. Here in DC it was pretty common years ago but with budget issue and "modern ideas" the 2-piece Engine/Pumper officially went bye bye in the early to mid 80's.

Is it used anywhere else but Cali?

Thanks!

Nate
[quote name='Good2Go' date='09 June 2010 - 02:06 PM' timestamp='1276116410' post='386333']

Great shots guys. If I'm not mistaken LA is the last remaining urban jurisdiction to utilize a 2-Piece Engine company (or light/task force) concept. I happen to think it's a great concept. Here in DC it was pretty common years ago but with budget issue and "modern ideas" the 2-piece Engine/Pumper officially went bye bye in the early to mid 80's.

Is it used anywhere else but Cali?

Thanks!

Nate

[/quote]

I believe Los Angeles is the only City in California to still use this concept. Other cities do have task forces or light forces but are vastly diffirent from LAFD.
I believe there are some Northwestern departments that use or did use a LF/TF concept. Bellvue, Wa. comes to mind although I don't recall staffing or how they operated on the fire ground.

Corrections welcome.
Larry Di Camillo

Fire Chief

Stafford Fire Department

www.staffordfirerescue.org

Engineer/Operator

Houston Fire Department

Ladder Co. 68 "A"

www.firehouse68.com
[Image: DSC04016.jpg]

Division 1.
[quote name='Ladder 68' date='09 June 2010 - 05:14 PM' timestamp='1276127651' post='386390']

I believe there are some Northwestern departments that use or did use a LF/TF concept. Bellvue, Wa. comes to mind although I don't recall staffing or how they operated on the fire ground.

Corrections welcome.

[/quote]

Some departments in Oregon and Washington state do the light force concept. From what I've heard many of the chiefs retired up north and brought that concept with them
People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?
[Image: Photo5181_edited.jpg]

LAFD Usar Tender.
[Image: IMG_8751_edited.jpg]

Rescue 816.
[Image: IMG_8425_edited.jpg]

Engine 2 on Strike Team during this past summers Station Fire.
Saw shot of LAFD's new KME pumpers hereTonguehoto Berie Deyo

http://www.emergencyrigs.net/viewphoto.a...241&Size=L
[Image: 218.jpg]

Fire 3 one of the two augusuta's in service. The pilots at LAFD really like them they have double the horse power that the 412s have.
[quote name='Ladder 68' date='09 June 2010 - 05:14 PM' timestamp='1276127651' post='386390']

Corrections welcome.

[/quote]

Bellevue, WA currently has one Light Force. I want to say it is staffed with five, but I am not entirely sure. They operate primarily as a Truck company but have the flexibility to operate as an engine company if necessary. A second Light Force (LF7) was split up a couple of years ago. The ladder was relocated downtown as Ladder 1. The pumper continues to operate out of Station 7 as Engine 7.

I know of no other departments in Washington State that operate with the Light Force concept at this time. Seattle's Ladder 7 and Rescue 1 have operated as a 2-piece company. I wouldn't call it a Light Force though.
Brian Birmingham

[url="http://www.bbirmingham.com"]bbirmingham.com[/url]