Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fire in a Building Liberty, MO 200 N 291HWY 05-25-14 (KCFD Auto-Aide)
Quote:Its honestly absurd in this day and age that the possibility of people still receiving 911 calls at thier homes, amd the lack of some type of organize dispatching center for a single county, what a royal mess im glad you guys find a way to make it work but what if something happens on a county wide scale i.e. natural disaster massive structural fire, how do these so called dispatch centers cooperate?
Actually since most of the metro has joined the Kansas City Regional MARRS P25 System things have got a lot easier. We now have many channels of P25, P25 encrypted, 800, 800 trunked, and Conventional plus the state wide systems in KS and MO. Before the regional system there was only one conventional fire mutual aide channel. It was maintained and tested every Saturday morning by Raytown Fire Protection District. Currently their are five major Fire Alarm Offices in the metro. I do miss the days of the old red brick KCFD Fire Alarm exchange building. It was fun to hang out their with the Fire Alarm Operators. For all of the issues at MAST Ambulance they had an excellent state of the art communications center.  The new KCFD Fire Alarm Exchange at the old MAST HQ is really built to grow. Johnson County ECC also has a very well built similar Fire Alarm. I doubt it would ever happen but both are built and could handle regional communications for the metro. 

Kansas City, Missouri Fire Alarm Exchange KCFD

Kansas City, Kansas Fire Dispatch

Johnson County, Kansas Emergency Communications Center (Pre mid 1980's Johnson County Fire Alarm)

Lee's Summit, Missouri Fire Department Fire Dispatch

Independence, Missouri Fire and Police Dispatch 
Member: F.O.O.L.S of OZ, IAFF L2542

www.kansasfiretrucks.com

Rick Mosher
Olathe, Kansas Fire Department
Engine Co. 4
Metro Kansas City, Missouri