Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3rd Alarm House Fire-Harrisburg PA- 5/5/14
A friend of mine who is a Lieut. with Squad 8 in Harrisburg invited me up to photograph their training session in the morning. Squad 8 and Tower 1 were conducting Boat Operations on the Susquehanna River. After photographing the training, I was on my way to photograph an old firehouse that is being restored when Box 1-4 was struck for a kitchen fire in the Allison Hill section of Harrisburg on Bellevue Road. Additional was a reported stove fire. Tower 2 responding from the uptown station struck the 2nd alarm due to a large column visible. Wagon 4 arrived with a well involved duplex with exposure problems and struck the 3rd alarm. Wagon 4 operated for several minutes by themselves as Wagon 3 and Tower 2 were responding from quarters and Tower 1 and Squad 8 had to dock the boats at City Island and respond from there. Wagon 4 led off with a step gun and wagon pipe to knock down a large amount of fire. Companies operated for a few hours.

First photo is on my arrival looking down the alleyway towards side c. Good thing I was only 5 blocks away when it was hit  Big Grin

Attached Files Image(s)

What I post is my opinion only. Any questions or concerns, feel free to email me. If you like what you see with a photo or have a question, let me know.

Stay Safe!

Woody Woodward

FD Photographer

Rohrerstown Fire Company, Station 6-7

Lancaster PA

www.67fire.com