Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fire in a Building Liberty, MO 200 N 291HWY 05-25-14 (KCFD Auto-Aide)
Quote:Thanks for the info.  Kind of nice to see other areas are just as odd as we are with dispatch.  We were promised county wide dispatch when the sheriff's office built a new 911 center, but alas somehow the funding that was in place vanished.  As it stands now, the largest city (Rockford) dispatches themselves and a number of suburban departments, four others dispatch themselves, and five more of us are dispatched through two hospital based dispatch centers.  Long stories behind all this, and even other oddities I don't have the time to explain, like one department that is dispatched by both our county and another since they are in both... There's at least one, perhaps two departments in our far northwest of the county that I'm sure have people dispatching out of their homes.

Our MABAS division (and the neighboring division south) have agreed to a numbering system so we know what rig belongs to who, and we're really lucky that all but one department follows the system.  There's also one is every group I guess.  800 series is my department, with 00-39 engines, 40 series rescues (light and heavy), 50 series aerials, 60 is brush/utility, 70 tenders/tankers, and 80 and 90 for officers.  90s are chiefs and Captains typically.
Its honestly absurd in this day and age that the possibility of people still receiving 911 calls at thier homes, amd the lack of some type of organize dispatching center for a single county, what a royal mess im glad you guys find a way to make it work but what if something happens on a county wide scale i.e. natural disaster massive structural fire, how do these so called dispatch centers cooperate?