Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Haven, CT 2nd alarm dwelling fire 27 Kossuth St. 12/19/13
Wow didn't know this was going to turn into tactical Q&A.  It's supposed to be about sharing photos.  But if you insist Dick H.  Here in New England we have rather large omd's much like vertical lumber yards some packed three feet apart from each other.  This particular house was well involved  on the number 1 side and spreading quickly.  You can see that there is a large three frame, occupied exposure on the number two side.  If we don't cover these quickly you loose a few. The plug IFO the fire building was bad.  The officer ordered a 2.5 pulled and slowed the fire down with 500 gal., thats what cities around here carry for tank water.  Another company secured a different water source and established the positive supply.  By that time the second floor lit up. I am quite sure that if FDNY has a well advanced two or three frame omd with a peaked roof it's going to a second.  Here in Connecticut the city and towns are fairly aggressive because they have to be.  There is usually no lobbing of water into windows unless the house is already gone.

Dick H how about nice pics or what settings did you use.  Oh I forgot your looking for imperfections-we have been there before.  I'll bet Portland does it right though with those nice color coordinated helmets and clean gear.  Maybe you don't get good fire because you aren't aggressive enough.  Can we please get back to enjoying the pictures and leave the tactics to other sites or sections.