Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fire in a House Kansas City, MO (KCFD) 2501 Myrtle 11-15-2013
Quote:Great set of photos Rick! I enjoy the KC Stuff, I was just looking through my KC scene pics from a few years when my brother and I made a trip out there. We heard it is technically illegal to chase fires in KC..have you heard that? Oh by the way, Im Phil. (former SLCPDEXPLORER, from STL)

Hey Phil great to hear from you. Thanks for the kind words. I have not ever heard of a ordiance against chasing fires. I checked the city ordinances and only came up with you can't follow a fire apparatus closer than 500ft while it is making an emergency response. You are also not allowed to cross fire line or crime scene tape once it is placed. I have never had any issues in Kansas City Kansas or Kansas City Missouri. The police are friendly and really pay no attention to me. I have had a few firemen talk with me. Once they find out I am a fireman or someone I know comes over they are very friendly. I always stay out of the way and that probably helps.

Stay Safe,

Rick 

Member: F.O.O.L.S of OZ, IAFF L2542

www.kansasfiretrucks.com

Rick Mosher
Olathe, Kansas Fire Department
Engine Co. 4
Metro Kansas City, Missouri