Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2nd Alarm Lawrence, Kansas 2127 S. Harper, 02-15-13
Quote:Rick:

Photos and run-down were most interesting indeed. Did you happen to see the photo below on MSN's website this morning? Lots of snow in Lawrence (& elsewhere, for that matter).

-Jeff

[Image: attachicon.gif]Lawrence, KS FD.jpg
Jeff we were in the middle of it also hahaha. I was on duty and we had twelve inches here at the fire house. It made getting around a challenge, however my 2011 Pierce Velocity did a fine job.  I arrived at the fire house for shift change at 0620 it was just starting to snow, within thirty min we had an inch and by noon a foot. It was amazing, we have not had that powerful of a storm in at least three years in the metro. We still had multiple cars stranded on the interstate yesterday afternoon. KHP could not tow them fast enough. It was quite a mess here in the metro for the last two days. Many of the roads and interstates as of today are still reduced by one lane due to the snow pack. They say we will get another 5-10 inches starting Monday afternoon.

Stay Safe,

Rick

Member: F.O.O.L.S of OZ, IAFF L2542

www.kansasfiretrucks.com

Rick Mosher
Olathe, Kansas Fire Department
Engine Co. 4
Metro Kansas City, Missouri