Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2nd Alarm Lawrence, Kansas 2127 S. Harper, 02-15-13
Quote:A good friend of mine is a Lt with Lawrence...they have some great folks and do a lot of awesome work.  Very enthusiastic firefighters who have a passion for the job.

Agreed your Lt. friend is my Lt. friend too. Great firemen in Lawrence. I have always been a fan of the LFD they had a really neat fleet over they years and some great guys. It has been interesting to watch the evolutionary change in the department as they have switched concepts over the years and adsorbed the county based ambulance service. It is challenging to be a city of their size with the population and university and be able to provide adequate response for large fires and additional city wide responses and full service ALS transport. They are just far enough outside the metro loop it takes 20-30min for the mutual aide companies to make it in the city. They do a great job.  I have to admit I was never a fan of Lawrence/ American LaFrance green though, it was nice to see the current Fire Chief return to RED. They has three beautiful sold Dark RED 1967 Seagrave Engines, one 1972 1000 series ALF 100ft Ladder Chief, the current 1955 ALF 700 series parade engine in the late 1980's still on the roster, great machines.

Stay Safe,

Rick  

Member: F.O.O.L.S of OZ, IAFF L2542

www.kansasfiretrucks.com

Rick Mosher
Olathe, Kansas Fire Department
Engine Co. 4
Metro Kansas City, Missouri