Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make Pumps 8 - Hard Days Night Hotel, Liverpool, UK (14/02/13)
Hi Guys,

Sorry for the late posting with this one, I have recently upgraded computers and tried to get to grips with Windows 8.

Anyhow..........

14th February 2013 - I went home from work early as I had 'man flu', and actually stood at the bus stop on the opposite corner from where the fire happened - little did I know what was going to happen in a few hours!

The Hard Days Night Hotel is a Beatles-themed hotel in North John Street, Liverpool. It is situated Central Buildings, a Victorian five-storey building dating from 1884. It is extremely popular with tourists from around the world, particularly as it is literally yards away from the famous Cavern Club.

The fire broke out on a fifth floor penthouse suite which workmen had been operating in that same morning.

In the UK we have a thing called a Pre-Determined-Attendance (PDA) which is what our dispatch have previously decided should respond initially, in this case it was two pumps (engines).

Ultimately, a request was made for eight pumps, along with a aerial platform, Incident Management Unit (Forward Command) and a BA Support Unit (it recharges SCBA sets).

The main body of fire was knocked down pretty quickly, however extensive overhauling operations were required due to the difficult access and hidden roof voids. This required a large number of BA wearers and the use of the aerial platform.

When I finally returned it was pretty much all over except the overhauling, this was my first picture.

Attached Files Image(s)