Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White Plains (NY) FD New Ladder 32 (Photos)
Quote:Hope they like it....the Smeal factory is just a couple of hours north of me.  While the name doesn't quite have the same ring as "Seagrave" or "Pierce," it's cool to see them on either Coast.  I've seen more and more Smeals shipped your way in the past few years.
Smeal was our first choice in 2004 for a new Tower Ladder. So many features on the Aerial exceeded our expectations and the body was built very well. Due to price we ended up with a certain Florida manufacture. Lawrence has had great luck with their Smeal fleet. They put them through hard use and they are in great shape. There have been some other metro departments that have used Smeal and really like them. I was very impressed with the Smeal Factory when I visited in 2002. I agree it was not flashy like visiting Pierce but they were top notch and extremely nice. I have been in and around the St. Louis Smeal fleet. St. Louis like any major city puts them through some extreme urban use but they are in remarkably good shape for their use. That is a true test of the quality of Smeal and Spartan.

Member: F.O.O.L.S of OZ, IAFF L2542

www.kansasfiretrucks.com

Rick Mosher
Olathe, Kansas Fire Department
Engine Co. 4
Metro Kansas City, Missouri