Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cocoa Beach FL
Is Cocoa Beach career, volunteer or mixed?  I know things have changed in the last 40 years but I do understand that back then it was volunteer or mostly volunteer as per a local police sergeant here in NJ who had grown up in Cocoa Beach, telling us how they'd do chicken bbq dinners to raise the money to support the fire company.  He had a badge and an id card.

Second, about E\-One.   Back in 1996 when my Butler FD had 2 EOne's on the line at Ocala, our then chief and the councilman who was head of the borough fire committee flew down to see the progress.    Upon arrival, they learned that another chief from our department had already been there about a week earlier.  The guy was vacationing in that area, so went to the plant, showed his assistant chief badge and got a tour.   Only thing is that he had been a one term assistant chief for only 2 years in the late 80's, not being re-elected -- and he tried to make some changes.

Rich Dean, Butler, New Jersey, USA

Member of Kinney Hose Co. 1, Butler Fire Dept. since 1973, Fire Police Officer since 2000

Dispatcher at Butler Police Communications from March 1975 to July 2009

Secretary of North Jersey Volunteer Firemen's Association since 1980

Member of Tri-Boro First Aid Squad (volunteer ems) since 2000 as a driver

Member of many Yahoogroups, owner of some such as:

[post="0"]FirematicEvents Yahoogroup[/post]the place to for listing and discussion of any event by a public safety organization.

[post="0"]RailfanEvents Yahoogroup[/post]

[post="0"]Railpics Yahoogroup[/post]