Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5-29-13. House Fire 2901 Kingsdale Rd Chesterfield County Va
If it hadn't been for Tara, AKA TheMost Spoiled Dog In The World I would have probably gotten to thisone before the first in engine...but no, Tara managed to get out ofthe back yard and take off and I was coming in the house from makinga quick search for her when I heard Qs and airhorns getting' it downJeff Davis Highway, about three or so blocks from my house.. I madeit inside in time to hear 'Engine 14 'll be layin' in from Kingsdaleand Brandywine...' Engine 14 hold up on the line, engine 1's

catching the hydrant right there by the church!

This told me a couple of things...thefire was maybe a mile and a half away, and Engine 17. normally first due, was on another run. Tara's gotten out before ...she's likely carousing with the big Lab up the street that we seriously suspect she's having an affair with...I grabbed scanner and camera and hadbusiness out the door.

Engine's 1 and 14 had arrived justabout simultaneously to find a fairly new single story brick and

frame SFD with heavy fire venting form windows on Side Alpha and auto extending into the boxing along th eaves. They guys did a number on it...I watched the column of smoke go from black to light gray to white to all but non-existent in the space of about twenty seconds as I headed down 'The Pike' as we call Jeff Davis Hereabouts. I went in the back way, through Quail Oaks subdivision, parked on Brandywine, and hoofed it the 200 or so yards to the scene.

This is what I saw as I walked up to the scene...the heavy fire had been knocked down and fire was still running the boxing as well as some fire in the attic. The great majority of the fire was in the front room...likely the 'Great Room' or living room. Engine 1's crew snuffed it very handily.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Engine 1 to all units, we've got a glow in the sky!

If God's not a Hokie, Then why do the leaves turn Maroon and Orange in the Fall?

My [url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotowun/"]Flickr Account[/url]