Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General Alarm Fire in Bluffton Indiana 6-26-2013
At around noon on 6-26-2013 Bluffton Fire Department (Wells County) Indiana County Seat) Was Dispatched to 105 Perry Street Reference a building fire in a 100 plus year old 3 storey building. Once on scene Bluffton fire department found a working fire and requested mutual aid from other wells county fire departments.

Crews Were Hampered byTemps about 90 Degrees and near 100% humidity.

At approx. 12:10 Ossian Fire department (wells County) Requested Southwest Allen County Truck 57 respond to stand by at ossian fire station. Truck 57 (1998 Pierce Quantum 1500/750/75' RM) responded with a crew of 4 and arrived at Ossian fire station around 12:25. Once on station We were requested to the scene and diredcted to the northwest side and set up master stream aerial operations. Once aerial operations started the wind shifted and smoke conditions remained bad and airpacks were used for tip operations. The Fire was brought under control at about 2:45pm. Departments from 3 counties responded including wells county-Bluffton-Osssian-Liberty center-Uniondale-Wells County Ems, Adams county-Decatur-Monroe-Adams County Ems, Allen county-Southwest Fire District-Poe-Saint Joseph Twp..

At the height of the fire 2 aerials, deck guns and multi hands lines were in operation.

Bluffton paper has eairly shots.

http://www.news-banner.com/slideshows/vi...-residents   

My First 2 photos is us responding from ossian to Bluffton. All of my photos were taken with my cell phone.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)