Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7-25-2015 Cosmopolitan Hotel Fire, Las Vegas, NV
Quote: 

Yes, but all we saw was a barely visable wisp of smoke and 20 or so photos of vehicles.

It would have worked better in the apparatus forum.
Sorry that I did not make it in time to see a lot of smoke and fire. This was still a working structure fire and they were removing people and trying to get into the 14th floor rooms safely. Water was still flowing from the Sprinklers at the time. I do not get a chance to make many fires due to my work schedule. To get to this fire it took me 30 minutes of driving and 15 of that was getting around all of the stopped traffic going to the Strip. Once I got close, which was a mile away, I walked in and had to go through two different Police check points and three different Security Check points. I did the best that I could.

Most of the fires that we have here in Las Vegas are out and it is more just apparatus shots before I can get there. I have headed to numerous fires only to have them call knock down while I am still trying to get there. The last fire that I caught that showed anything was April of 2014. Even the food on a stove that I caught at the Apartment Complex I worked at was more Apparatus Shots than it was fire. And I was there right after Engine 94 pulled up and pulled the attack line. I was busy making sure that people were out of the building.

Dave