Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fire-Rescue International, Atlanta, GA
Quote:The rig that T-16 was using is a reserve.  They have one of the new KME tillers as their assigned piece.

T-43 was actually part of a demonstration that AFD had set up, involving their giant "airbag" for jumpers. 

Did you get any shots of the wrecked Atlanta pumper?

After the difficulties we encountered in getting decent shots back in 2007, I didn't even take my camera with me!  I was rather disappointed with the size of the apparatus display this year.  I'd be surprised if there were 35 apparatus on display, several of whch I had already seen.  It was nice to have a free pass to get in, but hardly worth the twelve bucks for parking.

Thanks for the information. I did get photos of the wrecked pumper and will post them tomorrow. That sent a clear message for sure.

And I agree on the number of apparatus. Was really wanting to see one of DeKalb's new engines and surprised one wasn't in attendance. I should have the rest of the photos up tomorrow. I had a little better luck moving up towards the gate this year. the backdrop was still rough but didn't have to worry as much about people or other trucks in the background.

BTW, what do you think about Clayton's new scheme? I actually liked it once saw it in person.
Drew James
GA Paramedic