Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pooler, GA Structure Fire w/ Mutual Aid 1/3/15
Quote:Great shots! I stopped by and got pictures of Pooler's engine 61 on my way back from Florida to Massachusetts. I was told that Pooler's getting a new fire station built and some new apparatus. So next year when make my road trip I have a plan to stop and get some more shots of the apparatus. Just like to add the crew I met were very friendly and helpful.

Excellent! Glad they treated you well, it is good to hear they are doing what is right when I'm not around. Rebuilt Station 1 and New Station 5 should be done by mid-October. The 4 new engines are due for final inspection in June and the Tiller has been moved up to mid-July. Another department needed more time to get their unit designed properly and we were able to swap slots. Engines should start arriving at their stations in July, they will be E63, E64, E62, then E61. 61 will not go into service until the new station opens, they will keep the 2013 Impel until then. The Impel will then become E65. The tiller will get equipment mounted then a LONG training period before it goes in service, probably not until around Thanksgiving if I had to bet. Let me know next time you are in the area and I will try to get a few units to one spot for you, our 2009 tower came from up your way.