Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yonkers, NY FD
how did that demo do on the hills?  it looks like it would be bottoming out everywhere.
Quote:how did that demo do on the hills?  it looks like it would be bottoming out everywhere.

Mike, that demo is definitely not good for us, nor our spec. Smeal just wanted to show us something they had. They are interested in building, bidding a 75' or they say 85' for us....we shall see when the bids come back. Guess ALF is totally out.
Quote:Mike, that demo is definitely not good for us, nor our spec. Smeal just wanted to show us something they had. They are interested in building, bidding a 75' or they say 85' for us....we shall see when the bids come back. Guess ALF is totally out.
 (ALF) lucky for you
I hear Ferrara won the Tower Ladder bid.
Haven't been on the board much, grabbed a few shots of opportunity with Camphone

"Action" shot of 6-Engine:

Attached Files Image(s)

I worked @ 6 the other day.....shot of the stained glass in kitchen:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Table:

Spare Rescue-1, 2000ALF. Been in it a couple weeks, while regular rig at shop for a few things..... JH photo.

Found a shot from the coldest night last HORRIBLE Winter, we had 2 back to back multiple alarms. E-303 iced up:

I'm NOT looking foward to this Winter!

Gorgeous today. So. Damn nice in mid October that I pointed out last winter shitness. I'm with ya brother . Stand bye, and keep that cold weather bag on the piece.
One of 2 new pumpers being built by Ferarra.

Sorry. Pic didn't post first time....... Added above.
What companies are getting them J?

FF - JH Ketcham Hose Co, Dover Plains, NY 36 Truck

FAO - City of Poughkeepsie

FTM - PTB - KTF
Quote:Spare Sutphen Engine
For some reason I have always been partial to the Sutphen engines that Yonkers had, they look like workhorses... I always wondered if they were refurbs from Mack CF's due to the body style being very similar to the Macks of the time and the spoked front wheels (only Suthphens I have ever seen with spoked wheels). Either way, I really liked them!
Sutphen's  were  built from the ground up . They used the same spokes as to match the parts as the Macks to save on parts inventory

Quote:For some reason I have always been partial to the Sutphen engines that Yonkers had, they look like workhorses... I always wondered if they were refurbs from Mack CF's due to the body style being very similar to the Macks of the time and the spoked front wheels (only Suthphens I have ever seen with spoked wheels). Either way, I really liked them!

They got these in when I worked down there (EMS) and one was assigned to 6 Engine...they didnt have it long from what i remember and went back to a Mack CF. 
FF - JH Ketcham Hose Co, Dover Plains, NY 36 Truck

FAO - City of Poughkeepsie

FTM - PTB - KTF
Quote:One of 2 new pumpers being built by Ferarra.

What type of lightbar is that?  It looks like a combination of Whelen/Power Arc...
Quote: 

What type of lightbar is that?  It looks like a combination of Whelen/Power Arc...

New Whelen LED rotators
Quote:What companies are getting them J?

Engine-303 & Engine-313.
Quote:For some reason I have always been partial to the Sutphen engines that Yonkers had, they look like workhorses... I always wondered if they were refurbs from Mack CF's due to the body style being very similar to the Macks of the time and the spoked front wheels (only Suthphens I have ever seen with spoked wheels). Either way, I really liked them!

We had horrible luck with the Sutphens. They fell apart. The 3 rigs didn't last 10-years.