Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PHOTOS BY EMS 12 (PAT SHOOP)
[quote name='EMS 12' post='140318' date='Aug 14 2007, 20:13 ']Turkey Hill Inc, Fire Brigade (Famous for iced tea)

Lancaster County, PA.

Haz-Mat

1981 Ford/Swab

X-Lightstreet, PA.[/quote]

Great find Pat! Too bad it's not lettered. Did they say anything about putting any company logos on it? I easily drink a gallon of their tea a week (I have a glass in front of me right now), I should see if they could make me an auxiliary member!
[quote name='EMS 12' post='140044' date='Aug 13 2007, 17:59 ']Goodyear Hose Co., Galeton

Potter County, PA.

Engine 10-3

2000 ALF 2000/1000

[Image: DSC_0037.jpg]

Truck 10-9

1987 Pierce/Smeal 105' 450/300

X-Brookline, PA.

[Image: DSC_0028.jpg][/quote]

Pat, that Pierce ladder is Ex-Haverford Twp.,Pa......theres no such place as Brookline, Pa. only the fire co. name is Brookline.

Thanks, Nick
[quote name='jlg1875' post='140465' date='Aug 15 2007, 16:30 ']Great find Pat! Too bad it's not lettered. Did they say anything about putting any company logos on it? I easily drink a gallon of their tea a week (I have a glass in front of me right now), I should see if they could make me an auxiliary member![/quote]

It would be neat if they would put a logo of some kind on it, if you look closely at the Contender Engine from Highville you will notice that it says "Protector of the Tea" with a picture of a pint bottle of the precious liquid. Thier shirts also have "Protectors of the Tea" written on them (I have of course have 2 shirts.. I am also in the gallon club.. but for me it is more like a gallon a day), around here that tea is like gold. I taught a CPR class at the dairy and asked them where they keep the herion that they put in the tea to make it so addictive. No one laughed for some reason... I think I might be onto something!! In Columbia (where I run) there is a Turkey Hill store on Chestnut St that moves 500 Gallons of Tea a day... let me repeat that.. they sell 500 gallons of Tea A DAY. Amazing stuff!

Dave Fritz
[quote name='Rheems1' post='140530' date='Aug 15 2007, 18:39 ']It would be neat if they would put a logo of some kind on it, if you look closely at the Contender Engine from Highville you will notice that it says "Protector of the Tea" with a picture of a pint bottle of the precious liquid. Thier shirts also have "Protectors of the Tea" written on them (I have of course have 2 shirts.. I am also in the gallon club.. but for me it is more like a gallon a day), around here that tea is like gold. I taught a CPR class at the dairy and asked them where they keep the herion that they put in the tea to make it so addictive. No one laughed for some reason... I think I might be onto something!! In Columbia (where I run) there is a Turkey Hill store on Chestnut St that moves 500 Gallons of Tea a day... let me repeat that.. they sell 500 gallons of Tea A DAY. Amazing stuff!

Dave Fritz[/quote]

Dave, have they had that rescue for long? Do you know if they have a uniform patch? That would make a great addition to the collection.

Off topic, WOW, 500 gallons a day from one store?! It's a wonder the Susquehanna is still a river and not a stream! It's good to see I'm not the only one who loves the stuff, my girlfriend thinks I'm crazy drinking sugar water. I drink more than a gallon a week, I was a bit embarrased to say it, but what the heck. I saw a photo, maybe one of yours, with Highville's mural, it's great! I've got to get one of those shirts on my next trip to Lancaster, maybe I'll try to stop off if I come out for the State parade in York, not too far away.
Spangler Fire Co., Northern Cambria

Cambria County, PA.

Engine 58-2

2007 Pierce 1500/750/30

[Image: DSC_0093.jpg]
Patrick Shoop Sr.

Lewistown, PA.
Cover Hill FD, Conemaugh Twp.

Cambria County, PA.

Engine 13-1

2004 Spartan/4-Guys 2250/825

[Image: DSC_0063.jpg]

Engine 13-2

1957/85 Mack/CHFD 750/500

X-Bethlehem Steel Corp.

[Image: DSC_0062.jpg]
Patrick Shoop Sr.

Lewistown, PA.
Nanty Glo FD

Cambria County, PA.

Rescue 43-6

2006 Spartan/4-Guys

[Image: DSC_0056.jpg]
Patrick Shoop Sr.

Lewistown, PA.
Dauntless Fire Co., Ebensburg

Cambria County, PA.

Truck 22-3

2005 ALF/LTI 100' 2000/325

[Image: DSC_0010.jpg]
Patrick Shoop Sr.

Lewistown, PA.
Cambria Twp Fire Co., Colver

Cambria County, PA.

Engine 40-1

2002 Ferrara 1500/750

[Image: DSC_0033.jpg]

Tanker 40-3

2005 Peterbuilt/Crimson 1250/2000

[Image: DSC_0035.jpg]
Patrick Shoop Sr.

Lewistown, PA.
Hope Fire Co., Northern Cambria

Cambria County, PA.

Rescue/Engine 50-4

2007 HME/Ferrara 1250/820/30

[Image: DSC_0044.jpg]
Patrick Shoop Sr.

Lewistown, PA.
This engine served the Cresson State School.

? Jeep/Howe 500/?

[Image: DSC_0003.jpg]
Patrick Shoop Sr.

Lewistown, PA.
Hummels Wharf Fire Co.

Snyder County, PA.

Engine 7-2

2007 Spartan/Crimson 2000/500/40/50

[Image: DSC_0017.jpg]
Patrick Shoop Sr.

Lewistown, PA.
Friendship Fire Co., Roaring Springs

Blair County, PA.

USR/Rescue 60-41

2006 Peterbuilt/US Truck

[Image: DSC_0041.jpg]
Patrick Shoop Sr.

Lewistown, PA.
Freedom Twp Fire Co.

Blair County, PA.

Rescue 40-31

2004 KME 1500/1150

[Image: DSC_0051.jpg]
Patrick Shoop Sr.

Lewistown, PA.
Newburg Fire Co., Logan Twp.

Blair County, PA.

Tanker 12-21

2006 IHC/4-Guys 1250/1800

[Image: DSC_0076.jpg]

Brush 12-71

1988 AM General 250/300

[Image: DSC_0068.jpg]
Patrick Shoop Sr.

Lewistown, PA.
Greenwood Fire Co., Logan Twp.

Blair County, PA.

Rescue 16-32

2007 Spartan/Crimson 1500/750

[Image: DSC_0104.jpg]
Patrick Shoop Sr.

Lewistown, PA.
Great photos. Thanks for sharing them.

Is the Pennsylvania USAR rig a state asset or a Friendship FC asset?

Thanks.
Larry Di Camillo

Fire Chief

Stafford Fire Department

www.staffordfirerescue.org

Engineer/Operator

Houston Fire Department

Ladder Co. 68 "A"

www.firehouse68.com
Pat, I see you made it to Central Districts. A beautiful day! Where exactly were these pictures taken at? By the time I went to photograph some apparatus the majority of stuff was crammed on side streets all over town (if thats even what that place was, LOL). Unfortunately, I thought I had a decent spot along the parade route and 5 minutes before the parade moved we were overwhelmed with some last minute spectators and I had to go across the street for any decent shots (officers side of the rig). All the pics came out really well, however I know everyone would prefer drivers side shots.
Amazing pictures Pat! I wish I could shoot trucks half as well as you do!

(and there's nothing wrong with officer's side shots, probably half my collection are officer-side shots!)
Andrew C. Messer

Haywood County, NC

FM1/1823

Visit My Photo Website! WNC Fire Pics

Proverbs 3:5-6

The USAR rig is a State purchase with a fire company that operates it.

Keepinsafe,

I was at the judging area from 11 AM - 3 PM. After judging the the rigs would come out back the school and pose for us.(Only three photographers showed)
Patrick Shoop Sr.

Lewistown, PA.