Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Prince William County VA
Not yet in service is Attack 503 at Dumfries - Triangle.

2009 GMC 5500/E-One

500/500

s/n 99410

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA
[quote name='mnsand' post='305631' date='May 15 2009, 23:35 ']Not yet in service is Attack 503 at Dumfries - Triangle.

2009 GMC 5500/E-One

500/500

s/n 99410

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA[/quote]

Mike I saw on a tech drawing of this rig that it had a 300GWT? And also it was a 2008 Model?
Firefighter - Odenton Volunteer Fire Department

Fire Apparatus Photographer - MD/VA/PA/DE

See my photos at: http://timwolfe.smugmug.com/

Check out MarylandFireTrucks: http://marylandfiretrucks.smugmug.com
[quote name='Tim' post='305663' date='May 16 2009, 08:44 ']Mike I saw on a tech drawing of this rig that it had a 300GWT? And also it was a 2008 Model?[/quote]

Tim,

Thanks for the clarification - I wrote down in my notes 500 twice (gpm and gwt). It is a 300 gwt.

The E\-One finish date is 2009.

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA
Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA
Here are some pics of Dale City's Hahn just back from getting the stripe painted on it. These pics where sent to me last week so she much further along. We hope that she will be back within the next week or so.

Attached Files Image(s)

A few more....

Attached Files Image(s)

Here are some pics of some the new DCVFD ambulances in production.

Attached Files Image(s)

Anyone have some info on 2 new stations for PWCO? Thanks.
[quote name='bigbadred411' post='314555' date='Jun 17 2009, 18:40 ']Anyone have some info on 2 new stations for PWCO? Thanks.[/quote]

BBR - Dale City Fire and Rescue will be opening their new Station 10 this coming Saturday at 0900, thus closing the chapter on a huge piece of the department's history (old station 10) and beginning a brand new one. The new station is located approximately 1/4 mile west of the old station 10, just off Dale Boulevard. It will house Engine 510 (Rescue Engine), Engine 510B, Rescue 510, Tactical Support Unit 510, Ambulance 510, Utility 510 and the department's historic Hahn Engine, which Dr Feelgood posted earlier. One of the many distinct features of the new station include folding "DC style" bay doors, a brass pole (sleeping quarters on the 2nd floor) and a "slide" from the 2nd floor to bay floor (for those not wanting to brave the pole). See Dale City's website for info on the grand opening.

The other new station (due to open in 2010) is located just off Route 1 and will serve the large response gap between OWL Station 12 and Dumfries Station 3. The last I heard Dumfries Rescue is the presiding department over the operation (though it will provide both supression and EMS services). Unknown if it will have a 24/7 career presence or not (at least I don't know), but I would venture a guess that it will house at least a 24/7 PWC medic unit. I drove by last week and the station is HUGE - like shopping center huge. I believe that will be Fire Station 23.

There is also a new station on the west end - Fire Station 24. It currently houses a 24/7 PWC Medic and Engine Company. It was originally a 2nd station for Gainseville District, but since the much publicized changes within that department (as it relates to the county) I am not sure where things stand with the facts.

Hope this helped BBR.

Peace

Nate
[quote name='Good2Go' post='314607' date='Jun 17 2009, 21:57 ']BBR - Dale City Fire and Rescue will be opening their new Station 10 this coming Saturday at 0900, thus closing the chapter on a huge piece of the department's history (old station 10) and beginning a brand new one. The new station is located approximately 1/4 mile west of the old station 10, just off Dale Boulevard. It will house Engine 510 (Rescue Engine), Engine 510B, Rescue 510, Tactical Support Unit 510, Ambulance 510, Utility 510 and the department's historic Hahn Engine, which Dr Feelgood posted earlier. One of the many distinct features of the new station include folding "DC style" bay doors, a brass pole (sleeping quarters on the 2nd floor) and a "slide" from the 2nd floor to bay floor (for those not wanting to brave the pole). See Dale City's website for info on the grand opening.

The other new station (due to open in 2010) is located just off Route 1 and will serve the large response gap between OWL Station 12 and Dumfries Station 3. The last I heard Dumfries Rescue is the presiding department over the operation (though it will provide both supression and EMS services). Unknown if it will have a 24/7 career presence or not (at least I don't know), but I would venture a guess that it will house at least a 24/7 PWC medic unit. I drove by last week and the station is HUGE - like shopping center huge. I believe that will be Fire Station 23.

There is also a new station on the west end - Fire Station 24. It currently houses a 24/7 PWC Medic and Engine Company. It was originally a 2nd station for Gainseville District, but since the much publicized changes within that department (as it relates to the county) I am not sure where things stand with the facts.

Hope this helped BBR.

Peace

Nate[/quote]

Yes, thanks Nate. Glad to see Dale city and Dumfries VFD's are alive and kicking. Great stations and great people!

-Matt
T514 at open house. 06 pic.

Attached Files Image(s)

Here is the latest on Dale City's Hahn

Attached Files Image(s)

Dale City's new station 510.

Attached Files Image(s)

Who are the Ambos' built by?
[quote name='Union Medic' post='327512' date='Aug 6 2009, 19:37 ']Who are the Ambos' built by?[/quote]

PL Custom
[quote name='drfeelgood' post='327556' date='Aug 6 2009, 20:34 ']PL Custom[/quote]

What happened to Horton?
[quote name='Steve Loftin' post='327648' date='Aug 6 2009, 23:54 ']They're still around, and doing a brisk business:

[url="http://www.hortonambulance.com/"]http://www.hortonambulance.com/[/url][/quote]

Sorry Steve, I should have been more specific! Dale City has been a loyal Horton customer so that's why I asked. I know Horton is still kicking. We have a new one waiting to go in service.
Well Doozer a bad experience with the dealer and service after the sale.
Does anyone know the status of the new Rescue 510 and the new Tower 512? Thanks
Well Tower 12 has been in for about 3 months now and they are STILL mounting equipment as well as other odds and ends, as for Rescue 10 drfeelgood would be the best person to answer that.
[color="#CC0000"]Young: The Cadillac Of Fire Apparatus.

Andy Pagano[/color]
Andy I think tonight’s events will speed up the new Tower 12 going into service. As for Rescue 10 the cab and chassis should be in the beginning stages of construction. Looks like there will be a mid construction meeting in early Oct.