Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
seattle new rigs
[quote name='drfeelgood' timestamp='1342785662' post='492757']

[url="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Simon-Duplex-100-Tillered-Ladder-Truck-Emergency-Rescue-Fire-Engine-bidadoo-/160848485672?pt=Commercial_Trucks&hash=item2573511d28"]http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item2573511d28[/url]

[/quote]It looks like either former Seattle Ladder 4 or 10
[quote name='TransverseRoad' timestamp='1342788295' post='492759']

It looks like either former Seattle Ladder 4 or 10

[/quote]

Does the fact that I am old enough to remember when this rig went into service make me officially over the hill?
[quote name='Bryce' timestamp='1342789671' post='492760']

Does the fact that I am old enough to remember when this rig went into service make me officially over the hill?

[/quote]Eighteen years, how time flies. Now that they're letting this rig go, I'm thinking maybe Ladder 13 has been disbanded already.
[quote name='Jerome' timestamp='1342734851' post='492712']

Thanks for the update, the 96 that was removed from service is old engine 28 965407. I was at Training and saw F/O 5315 but F/O 5316 was not there. There was 95 or 96 at Training as Engine 90 and 92.

[/quote]Interesting, 965407 was impounded by the City Attorney for an investigation after a recent multi fatality fire. APP #965409, formally assigned to E26, and 955405 formerly E36, were sent to the training site (JTF) after they were replaced by new rigs.
[quote name='b9208' timestamp='1342673477' post='492653']

These tillers are really sharp looking, but almost all the pics are of the driver's side. I have a question though...On the officer's side, at least on the drawing, it shows that the rear full-height compartment on the trailer had pan doors in place of roll-ups. What's special about this compartment?

Thanks,

Gary

[/quote] This is the compartment in question.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[quote name='TransverseRoad' timestamp='1346562727' post='497144']

This is the compartment in question.

[/quote] And here is what Ladder 1 carries

Here's Ladder 1 parked in a tight spot at Fisherman's terminal this week, while their crew was tending to a hazardous materials job on a fish processing ship. I had to stand on a trailer hitch to get a decent shot.

Ladder 3's new TDA has been ordered from Pierce and it should be ready in time for their new station's dedication event at the end of 2012.

Seattle Ladder 3  Job #26045.

Check out the factory photo just posted today.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/piercemfg/8...hotostream

Notable differences: 

A longer tractor to accommodate a larger sized exhaust system cleaning unit,

a bit less compartment space on the trailer, and an extra step was added at

each crew cab door.

We finally had a sunny day today when these two, not so new rigs were available.  First off.....

2012 Pierce Arrow XT

Non-Walk-In

Multiple Casualty Incident Unit

Seattle apparatus #31835

Pierce Job Number 25310

Delivered October 4, 2012

Detroit Diesel DD13, 500 HP

Storage for 100 back boards

Will-Burt Light Tower

Blanket/fluid warmer

Fluid/drug refrigerator

Electric awnings

Bob Lukas Photo

2011 Sartin-Thomas Medical Ambulance Bus

Seattle apparatus #31563

Cummins ISB Diesel, 270 HP

Delivered Jan, 2012

Accommodates 24 ambulatory patients

Rear loading wheel chair ramp

Bob Lukas Photo

Wasnt the MCI unit kept at 21 at one point? Is it now at Station 10 with everything else? Or did you just find MCI & MAB units there?

Firefighter - Odenton Volunteer Fire Department

Fire Apparatus Photographer - MD/VA/PA/DE

See my photos at: http://timwolfe.smugmug.com/

Check out MarylandFireTrucks: http://marylandfiretrucks.smugmug.com
Quote:Wasnt the MCI unit kept at 21 at one point? Is it now at Station 10 with everything else? Or did you just find MCI & MAB units there?
Both units were at station 10 on Sunday as part of a familiarization drill. The MCI is still assigned to Station 21,

while the MAB is currently assigned to Station 39.

The new ladder 3 was just assigned to the crew at the end of last month.

Noticable changes are, a lower step added at each door of the tractor, a larger exhaust system unit, and a small compartment has been eliminated on the trailer.  Also the ladder now sits on an even plane, the orange removable tip (don't know what that replaceable tip is called) on the tip of the ladder was shortened by 13 inches.

Not so noticable, the tracter wheel base has increased, the trailer has been shortened slightly and rollout trays added to some of the compartments.

The overall length of the truck has increased very slightly to 59 feet 11 inches.

Bob Lukas Photo

And the rear showing the near impossible view the tillerman has.  Nice design though!

Attached Files Image(s)

Quote:And the rear showing the near impossible view the tillerman has.  Nice design though!
Really nice design and tribute to the glass above the doors on their old station.
Why the dual axle on the tractor's???

The only MARC in 46 ENGINE!

NEVER FORGET 9-11-01 F.D.N.Y. 343

RIP FF John Bellew 27 Truck F.D.N.Y. 1-23-05

RIP Captain Frank Keane 46 Engine F.D.N.Y 12-11-06
Quote:Why the dual axle on the tractor's???

It's a requirement to comply with stringent Washington State DOT load restrictions
Quote:Really nice design and tribute to the glass above the doors on their old station.

Nice touch.

The first two new Pierce Arrow XT engines have been assigned to Engine 39 and 28.

Pierce 26688-01   

<span style="font-size:12pt;">SFD
</span>

Pierce 26688-02  
SFD